(Senior) Security Operations Engineer
Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including 65% of the top corporations by revenue. We boast a 96% customer satisfaction rating. We've also won many awards when it comes to our amazing culture and work environment - check out our 2018 award: https://www.workiva.com/newsroom/workiva-named-one-2018-best-workplaces-technology-great-place-work-and-fortune
As a Security Operations Analyst, you can enjoy the perks of a fast paced, high tech organization in gorgeous Ames, Iowa. Our agile environment allows for a flexible environment with an integrated work life. As a member of our Information Security Team, we must not just meet but exceed our company's security and compliance requirements every day. Employees here love solving complex problems with autonomy and authority and are encouraged to stay on top of new technologies. Innovation is the key to our success; we do not get stuck in a rut!
If you want to know if this position is right for you - ask yourself the following questions:
- Does improving real-time situational awareness to external threats sound like fun?
- Does researching cybersecurity threats get your creativity flowing?
- Do you like presenting to management the results of your findings when it comes to theft, destruction, and the alteration of access to private information and systems?
- Are you seeking the opportunity to present security best practices to others?
- Does governing a system of rules when it comes to cybersecurity seem right up your alley?
- Do you understand IP Functionality? Or more importantly, TCP?
- Do you have a penchant for technical writing?
What You'll Do:
- Partner with a team of security SME's
- Communicate and collaborate with a highly productive team
- Provide technical oversight of the Security Information and Event Monitoring System (SIEM) - meaning we monitor alerts and execute on design procedures and protocols
- Ensure that Workiva's Security Operations Center (SOC - we love acronyms) is cutting-edge when it comes to our best practices, protocols, and procedures. (By doing this we improve situational awareness and develop action plans should there be a breach of security)
- Train and educate your team, your company, and external business partners (think IT vendors) on our SOC procedures and protocols
- Stay on top of new technologies, trends, and best practices in the world of IT Security, Risk, and Compliance
- Constantly raise the bar for yourself, your team, and your company when it comes to the security of our platform
What You'll Need:
- 2+ Years of Experience in IT Security Operations. We are open to Analyst level experience and Senior Analyst level experience for this position
- The ability to feel comfortable coding in Ruby or Python
- Competency in security/vulnerability scanning tools like Splunk……
- Experience and working knowledge of TCP/IP Functionality
- The ability to communicate effectively within a team - meaning you listen, you absorb info, and you calculate a solution together for the continued improvement of your team and your company
- The flexibility to see more than one side and the compassion to work toward resolution
- Professional judgment when it comes to decision making and problem-solving
- Self-Motivation (we can't teach this, it must be inherent) so you can take action while working smoothly and calmly under pressure
- Passion and excitement for working in a fast-paced, change environment
- No fear when it comes to staying on top of new technologies and best practices in the world of IT Security
- CISSP and/or CCNA and/or CISA and/or CISM and/or CRISC - you get the point!
- Exposure to Technical Writing
Where You'll Work
- Muse Page: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/workiva
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Workiva