Senior Front End Developer at Billtrust
In your consumer life, apps like Venmo and Zelle are making easy to pay friends and family. Unfortunately, it's extraordinarily difficult for businesses to pay other businesses for services and suppliers. That’s why paper checks remain the dominant form of payment between businesses in the US and account for over $10 trillion of spend. It's inefficient and slow, but fortunately Billtrust launched a solution to digitize business-to-business payments once and for all - the Business Payments Network.
As a Senior Front End Developer working on the Business Payments Network you will design, implement, and support features to drive the future of B2B payments.
You will work as part of an Agile team on front-end portions of several web-based SaaS products and bring visual designs to life using the latest in libraries, frameworks, and tooling. You will be actively involved in ensuring we ship quality and user friendly products interfacing with internal teams such as product, quality and DevOps.
- Work with an experienced team leveraging SCRUM techniques building customer-facing products
- Build a great user experience for our clients utilizing cloud-based microservice architecture (AWS) and related technologies
- Build out modular/component based visuals in tandem with REST APIs
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve code
- Define and set up a strong foundation for long term maintainability for large scale systems, and designing solutions for today's problems that accommodate what future iterations might bring
- Consult with our in-house UX design team on technical feasibility, prototyping complex interactions or dynamic interfaces, or brainstorming on possible solutions to the problem at hand
- Perform code reviews with helpful and meaningful feedback for your teammates
- Refine best practices for automated testing frameworks to allow measurement of software quality and performance
- Deliver applications using an automated Docker container delivery pipeline including support post production deployment
- Can empathize with our clients needs and recommend the best possible technical solutions for their unique situations
- You think critically, provide helpful feedback to your co-workers, collaborate well with others, tackle problems that achieve business goals, and are biased towards action
- Demonstrated professional experience with developing a SPA (Single Page Application) using a modern UI framework
- We use Angular 7, ReactiveJS and NgRx but will consider candidates with React using Redux.
- Familiarity with UI testing framework(s), with Protractor strongly desired
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM processes and techniques
- Strong Communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to work in a highly collaborative, multi-country/time zone environment
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k): We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Remote Work: Flexibility to work remotely or commute into one of our offices in Chicago, Denver, or Lawrenceville, NJ.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $30B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 19 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.