Senior DevOps Engineer at CirrusMD Inc.
CirrusMD is a text-first enterprise solution that connects people with no-barriers access to a live doctor, real-time, who can always help. CirrusMD was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in Denver, CO. We are partnered with major national payers, employers and healthcare systems to deliver extraordinary virtual care to millions of lives across the nation. If you are looking to make a lasting impact where your voice matters, consider joining our team.
Who We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a passionate Sr. DevOps engineer with 3+ years of production experience to contribute to our mission of redefining the healthcare experience for patients and providers. Working closely with our Product Engineering and Security/Compliance teams, you will design infrastructure, write code to automate and manage infrastructure, and ensure we are adhering to best practices. for securing infrastructure. You are both service and detail oriented, understand impacts of any change to the infrastructure, and are comfortable individually shepherding ideas into reality as well as pairing up with other teammates on large, complex projects. Strong collaborators with craftsperson tendencies and an inherent sense of ownership will thrive.
This position can sit remote anywhere in the U.S., with the flexibility to work from our Denver HQ as you’d like. Please note that no matter where you are located, all employees should be available during our core working hours from 9 am to 4 pm MDT Monday through Friday. The salary range for this role is $125,000-155,000/year. Actual pay may vary based on job-related skills, qualifications, certifications, and experience. This role may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to equity incentives and a comprehensive benefits package.
What You Will Accomplish:
- You will design and manage scalable, resilient, and secure cloud infrastructure using tools such as Terraform, Ansible, container orchestration, and various scripting languages.
- You will support our product engineering and security/compliance teams to implement effective platform observability through logging, metrics, and alerting.
- You will handle periodic requests from our operations and customer support teams.
- Experience with AWS cloud services such as EC2, RDS, ElastiCache for Redis, Elasticsearch, S3, IAM, KMS, and networking components such as VPC, transit gateway, routes and security groups.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code, particularly Terraform.
- Experience with configuration management tools, particularly Ansible.
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes or Nomad.
- Experience with platform visibility such as logs, metrics, and alerting.
- Experience with one or more CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with solving DevOps problems using Python or Ruby + Bash/Shell scripting languages.
- Confidence in working with a variety of teams with different experience including engineering, security/compliance, operations, and customer support on a daily basis.
- Willingness to participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience with a compliance reporting framework such as SOC2, HITRUST, or FedRAMP.
- Experience with log platforms involving Fluentd (or Fluent Bit), AWS Kinesis, and AWS Elasticsearch.
- Experience with metrics platforms involving AWS CloudWatch, InfluxDB, Prometheus, and Grafana.
- Experience with AWS Management and Governance services such as Config, Cloudtrail, Organizations, and Trusted Advisor.
- Experience with secrets management and credential rotation.
- Experience with GitHub Actions and package repositories.
- Experience writing tests for various types of infrastructure and configuration management code such as Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and ability to assist engineers and customers with implementation
Who We Are:
Based in Denver, CirrusMD is the nation's leading virtual care platform that delivers a chat first, multi-modal, data driven experience to enable providers, payers and employers the ability to offer high touch, personalized healthcare to their members or employees. Founded in 2012, CirrusMD helps our customers create happier, healthier, and more engaged patients by giving them access to on-demand virtual care solutions that they love to engage with. Our chat-powered care delivery platform connects patients to a dedicated, board-certified physician in under 60 seconds from any web-enabled device, with no cost and no time limits attached. CirrusMD enables a stress-free, human care conversation that doesn’t end until members get the answers (and peace of mind) they need to manage their wellness.
Why Work at CirrusMD?
CirrusMD is quickly transitioning from a startup to a highly recognized healthcare industry disruptor. If you are looking to make a lasting impact where your voice matters, consider joining our team and help us deliver care without barriers. We offer an exceptional benefits package including health, dental and vision, 401k with match, flexible vacation and remote work policies, competitive salaries, stock options and more.
CirrusMD is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our employees, users, and customers. We strive to deliver products and services that work for everyone by including perspectives from backgrounds that vary by race, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin. We are particularly focused on ensuring women and BIPOC are equally represented across all positions, including management. Our focus is on advancing, cultivating, preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion as it directly aligns with our mission to provide access to affordable and personalized health care for everyone.
Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit résumés to any person or email address at CirrusMD prior to having a signed agreement with Human Resources. CirrusMD is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Also, any résumés sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to CirrusMD and may be forwarded to our Talent Acquisition team.