Security Engineer, Operations at Iterable (Remote)
Iterable is a cross-channel platform that powers unified customer experiences and empowers marketers to improve on every interaction taking place throughout the customer journey. With Iterable, brands create individualized marketing touchpoints that earn engagement, solidify trust and galvanize loyal consumer-brand relationships.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner, and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to implement where it matters most—creating experiences and promoting connections with over 2 billion people worldwide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power excellent customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past four years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado's Best Paying Companies! We've also been listed on Wealthfront's Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work, and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a global presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver, and London, and remote employees located all over the world. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values - Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, and learn more about our mission, explore our Culture and About Us page.
How you will make a difference:
Customers trust Iterable with sensitive information, expecting us to safeguard their data. Iterable's Security team leads security programs across the company to ensure that all systems remain secure to support Iterable's core values, and to provide assurance to our customers that we will be the good stewards of their valued data. The Security team leads the effort to improve Iterable's security posture in collaboration with other groups as they develop or launch new features and services. As Engineers, we believe in security through automation. Our footprint spans across the entire company at all levels, throughout the complete development lifecycle. You'll report directly to the Director of Security Engineering and will focus on our Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR).
We aim to create a compelling, well-documented, and holistically monitored security program. We are looking for individuals to join our vibrant Security Engineering team to move the current state of security to the next level. We aim to improve our detection and response capabilities and support our peers in building an amazing product through creating an environment that fosters security by design. To summarize, we want you to share and be a part of our grand plan!
One of our core values is "Growth Mindset," and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
You'll get to:
- Develop detections and response plans for environmentally relevant security concerns
- Work with modern technologies in a cloud-native environment
- Perform investigations into triggered alerts, and tune existing detections based on investigative findings
- Lead response to potential security incidents, and help design and implement remediations
- Work with Product and Engineering to balance security risk with product advancement
- Provide security guidance to partners external to the security team, facilitating company-wide adoption of best practices, and helping maintain open lines of communication
We are looking for people who have:
- Experience providing security expertise and guidance to people external to a security team
- Knowledge of adversarial tactics, techniques, and procedures, and an understanding of how to reliably detect them
- Experience contributing to security projects for at-scale computing environments
- A high level of comfort with incident response frameworks, and experience calmly and blamelessly leading complex security incidents
- A fondness for writing detections and alerts, and mentoring others in investigation and response
- Experience applying security logs or a SIEM to detect, investigate, and respond to events
- Passion for MarTech
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Great compensation packages, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
We've rethought traditional workplace planning and are looking to strengthen belonging, innovation, productivity, and happiness whether it's in an office, from home, or a hybrid of the two. As such, we've moved to a single geographical compensation band for all of our employees (the San Francisco Bay Area market for the US, London for the UK).
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $138,000/year. The compensation package includes equity, plus a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits. Additionally, perks such as daily paid lunches and generous stipends for health & fitness and learning & development, among others, are included.
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Last Update: (9/1/21)