Security Architect at CircleCI
At CircleCI, we enable developers to do better work every day. We’re solely focused on helping our customers ship quality code, faster. Our organization is growing to meet the demands of our customers, and we're looking for an experienced Security Architect to join our adventure.About the role
You'll be joining as the technical lead for our growing security teams comprised of Security Operations, Security Development and Compliance. Your knowledge of cloud-native and infrastructure related technologies will compliment a multi-tiered SaaS solution that is highly distributed. Incorporating your past operational experience while keeping scalability and reliability in mind will be welcomed skill sets as you build tooling and processes to support the engineering organization in the creation of secure and robust software.What you’ll get to do
- Work across teams to foster a culture of architecture that allows for iterative, autonomous development and future scaling.
- Guide several teams in anticipation of future use cases and help them make design decisions that minimize the cost of future changes.
- Be a strategic partner and actively work with the security teams and cross functionally with partners to develop and apply the security strategy.
- Foster a security first approach across teams, leading by example.
- Collaborate to build tooling and processes to support the engineering organization in the creation of secure and robust software
- Be a leader in educating peers across the organization on security issues.
- Take leadership on particularly critical code reviews in multiple code languages.
- Contribute to building the standard methodologies of a growing team and organization.
- Share rotating on-call duties for our incident response.
- Respond to reports from security researchers and own the coordination of remediation efforts.
We’re seeking someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, is naturally curious and interested in learning, has strong communication and collaboration skills, and helps others grow by sharing their expertise and encouragement. You have strong opinions on project design that is based on experience and will bring your knowledge of security hardware and software, cybersecurity risks, and industry standards.
- 10+ years of technical leadership experience working in a modern cloud company with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, AWS, and GCP
- Expert in distributed systems and infrastructure security architecture
- Strong understanding of risks that can manifest in larger scale complex systems
- Experience leading highly complex, multi-platform environments (servers, storage, networks, security, virtualization, systems monitoring and management)
- Multi-tiered mission-critical systems expertise
- Incident Response experience
- Secure Software Development Lifecycle knowledge
Communication: You encourage open communication utilizing asynchronous and synchronous means of communication. You value feedback loops, are open to being wrong and having your mind changed. You’re proficient in English in verbal and written form.
Delivery: You know the ins and outs of modern software engineering practices, agile/scrum methodologies, and how to apply them to drive effective, timely, high-quality delivery. You're proficient in providing visibility into your work and progress.
Leadership: You foster a culture of ideas, write problem statements, and proactively consult so other engineers understand the security implications of their ongoing work. You have experience providing technical direction for a team with other architects, engineering managers, and engineers.
Remote work: You are comfortable working with distributed teams across multiple time zones. Being remote-first, we foster a culture that is inclusive of remote workers while allowing everyone to be the most productive. Learn more about our remote-first culture here.
Adaptability: Ambiguity and figuring things out as they evolve, change, and new requirements emerge is something you're comfortable with.CircleCI Engineering Career Growth System:
This role equals level E5 on our Engineering Competency Matrix, our internal career growth system for engineers. These are the minimum expectations for this position, but we are always willing to discuss bringing people on at more senior positions when appropriate. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
Colorado Salary Range: $157,500 - $185,000/yr
Level: Mid-Senior Level