Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Network Engineer/Architect is responsible for developing and implementing network telemetry systems that will collect and aggregate metrics and other relevant data from network devices and services on the Zayo Core and Metro Networks. A successful candidate for this position will possess good working knowledge of IP router and Optical Transport hardware equipment from a variety of vendors including Cisco, Juniper, Ciena, Nokia and Infinera; Individual will research and lead the development of technology and services roadmap with internal stakeholders and strategic vendors; Individual will provide thought leadership to internal stake holders as required to define new products and services; Individual will provide expert level support and collaborate with planning, engineering and operations teams on key projects including new hardware implementations, services and network optimization; Individual will lead and develop life cycle plans for network telemetry solutions and services;
- Lead the development of network telemetry systems required to provide a real-time view of network and service performance;
- Provide thought leadership, technical guidance and recommendations to internal teams and stakeholders as required to define new products and services.
- Create and publish standard documentation of new telemetry standards and configurations as required to support sales and service implementation.
- Collaborate with vendors and internal teams on First Office Application.
- Research, develop and publish life-cycle plan and roadmaps for new and existing network telemetry technologies and services with internal stakeholders and strategic vendors
- Lead Network upgrade and optimization activities and provide Tier4 support to the NOC and operations teams as required to resolve the most complex outages.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree (B. S.) / Engineering degree or equivalent from a four-year University or technical school.
- 5-10 years of experience in the telecommunications or service provider industry.
- 5-10 years of experience developing and implementing network telemetry systems and architectures.
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures & algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Experience with network telemetry automation and other network control systems.
- Hands on experience working with routers, switches and other network hardware from vendors including Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Nokia, Accedian, etc.
- Hands on experience with network operating systems including IOS, IOS-XR, IOS-XE, JUNOS, etc.
- Hands on experience configuring and troubleshooting network protocols including TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, OSPF, BGP, ISIS, etc.
- Hands on experience implementing model-driven telemetry, steaming telemetry, and network monitoring protocols with push / pull applications including, Netflow, SNMP, Syslog and flow data.
- Experience implementing optical transport solutions from vendors including Ciena, Nokia and Infinera is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with MS Office Suite including Visio.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave