Jr. Application Developer at Zayo
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
As a Junior Application Developer, you will be part of a dynamic team that leverages the Heroku platform to support Zayo's CPQ microservice system through thoughtful creation of applications and features that drive efficiencies and provide business value.
Using Scrum methodologies, the team owns development from start to finish, including gathering requirements, understanding priorities and ensuring proper acceptance testing is performed. Our plate is full of innovative initiatives and we want you to be a part of it.
- Independently perform development, testing, implementation, documentation and any tasks related to developing a solution.
- Implement new enhancements including creation of custom objects, workflows, email alerts, and templates for both internal and external consumption.
- Develop integration to other third party solutions.
- Participate in cross-functional development teams that address strategic business issues involving CRM and business functions.
- Effectively communicate technical issues and resolve problems at all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
- Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations. Keen attention to detail and complex problem solving abilities from operational and technical perspective.
- Education, training and or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science
- Solid understanding of data structures, data modeling, db schema.
- Experience and ability to work with team members in multiple geographical locations.
- Experience in / knowledge of telecommunications industry through direct or indirect work experience.
- Proficiency with Heroku and GIT is ideal
- Experience with Agile Development and Scrum Methodologies preferred.
- Experience with test case and test driven development preferred.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave