*Relocation assistance is not provided and this is not a remote position. FirstBank does not sponsor work visas.
$95k to $115k depending on experience
Founded in 1963, FirstBank maintains more than $20 billion in assets and operates over 110 branch locations across Colorado, Arizona and California. Its growth can be attributed to one simple philosophy: do right by customers, communities and employees, which at is the center of the company’s “banking for good” mantra. FirstBank believes that a company is nothing without the people that comprise it, and prides itself in hiring and training a diverse and talented group. By joining the FirstBank team you will experience its great team culture with ample opportunity for growth. There’s an opportunity for everyone with positions all across the company, from Teller and Call Center to Technology and Lending. Apply today to learn more and join the team!
A Brief Overview
The Applications Developer II/Analyst, Java Dev will develop, test, and implement Java software changes in a distributed applications environment according to existing software standards. Individuals in this job work as part of a team on mid-sized projects and independently on smaller efforts. These efforts include the maintenance and modification of customer and employee facing applications. At times individuals in this position will be responsible for resolving critical problems with supervision. All other duties will be performed with minimal supervision.
What you will do
- Perform coding, testing, and maintenance on programs.
- Contribute to design of various size projects including collaboration with Architecture.
- Provide support for systems and applications with assistance as needed.
- Handle critical problems with supervision.
- Manage small to medium size projects from analysis through implementation.
- Maintain appropriate documentation.
- Make suggestions for improving development processes.
- Work with vendors with supervision.
- Pursue formal and informal educational opportunities to expand knowledge and improve skills.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned Understand and comply with all provisions of the Safety in the Workplace policy.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in related field and a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- A combination of post-high school education, job related certification and related experience equivalent to 5 years may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills,
- Good problem solving skills,
- Good customer service skills,
- Demonstrated ability to define, design, code, test and implement efficient, quality programs for small and medium projects,
- Technical understanding of FirstBank’s distributed applications environments,
- Working knowledge of Java, specifically RESTful services, Jersey, Axis2, Kafka, and JMS
- Good understanding of object-oriented technology,
- Working knowledge of Eclipse, GitHub, CI/CD (Jenkins), SQL, and Web Services
- Working knowledge of information security concepts and techniques, as they apply to application development,
- Working knowledge of the FirstBank change control process and distributed source code tools,
- Working knowledge of the FirstBank development methodology,
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Frequently remains stationary throughout a typical business day
- Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, and other rooms
- Occasionally positions self to access drawers and shelves of various heights
- Frequently reaches for and handles paperwork and files
- Constantly communicates with customers, coworkers, and management in-person and on the phone
- Must be able to exchange accurate information
Statement of Benefits
FirstBank offers a suite of benefits that support our employees’ professional, financial, physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. Benefits currently offered with our positions include: Paid Time Off/paid leave programs, 401K/Employee Stock Ownership, United Healthcare medical, MetLife dental, VSP vision, Employee tuition reimbursement, Volunteer Time Off, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance/AD&D
FirstBank is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.