Infrastructure Engineer (Electrical)
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for engineering functions in support of operations, construction, and maintenance projects.
● In house engineering support for operations, construction, and maintenance departments.
● Create conceptual designs, gather and provide specifications, and execute assignments pertaining to data center facility projects.
● Review, provide input, and sign off on outsourced engineering projects.
● Support maintenance department, contractors, and OEM service personnel in creating SOP documentation.
● Review and approve MOPs for electrical and mechanical work per zColo policies and best practices.
● High level support for responding to RFPs.
● Manufacturer selection to determine equipment that meets customer specifications and zColo standards.
● Represent zColo in project meetings as needed.
● Help train key personnel on critical systems.
● Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience
● Minimum seven years experience in various aspects of data center design, maintenance, and engineering (emphasis on electrical AC/DC)
● Licensed PE a Plus
● Well-versed in typical datacenter critical systems and engineering functions
- Complex electrical one-line designs
- Practical and theoretical aspects of high voltage electrical systems
- Power calculations (KVA, KW, etc.)
- Grounding design
- Over subscription theory
- UPS systems
- DC plants
- Multiple mechanical systems (chillers, dry coolers, DX, etc.)
- UPS, Generators, DC Plants, PDUs
● Experience with AutoCAD and MS Office Suite
● Must feel comfortable with multitasking in a fast paced environment
● Heavy travel up front to become familiar with all sites nationwide
● Willing and able to work off hours - outages, maintenances, etc
● Strong writing, documentation, speaking, and communication skills
● Must be able to self manage as part of a geographically distributed team
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave