Expert Services Consultant at Matillion
Client Partner and Delivery
- Deliver packaged post-sale service offerings to partners and customers that enables them to execute big data projects that connect their cloud data warehouses and their cloud service providers
- Support the deployment and optimization of Matillion according to best practices while ensuring effective knowledge transfer to customers and their partners
- You will be in a senior customer-facing role that requires extensive knowledge of ETL/ELT, data warehousing (including dimensional modeling, data lake, data vault, etc.), software development life cycle (SDLC) and continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD) as pertains to data warehouse workflows.
- Define and document best practice solutions regarding the use of orchestrations and data transformations for data warehouses.
- Support System Integrator consultants on Matillion deployments as part of larger partner data projects
Industry Expertise and Thought Leadership
- Become a company and industry-leading authority on how to design and build ELTs and data warehouses using Matillion
- Maintain deep awareness of complementary cloud platforms including AWS, Azure, and GCP and cloud data platforms including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Azure Synapse and Snowflake.
- Knowledge of Delta Lake for Databricks is a plus.
Advocate for Customer and Partner Needs
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and marketing team members to identify ways to improve Matillion products as well as partner and customer outcomes
- Represent the voice of the customer to inform product roadmap priorities, contribute to the development of succession plans in partnership with the Success Management team, and identify expansion opportunities within existing accounts.
What we are looking for
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience working with customers in a pre-sales, post-sales or technical consulting role
- Hands-on expertise with big data technologies, data warehouses, ETL products or other data analytics solutions
- Passion for solving challenging business and technical problems that have never been solved before
- Enthusiasm for learning new tools and skills, and an intense desire to transfer that knowledge to others
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to individuals with varying levels of Matillion and data warehouse expertise
- Comfortable balancing multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously while maintaining high quality and attention to detail
- Desire to become an industry expert on Matillion and the ecosystem of data warehouse products
- The ability to create structure in ambiguous situations and design effective solutions
- Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, data analysis or equivalent is highly valued
- Experience with AWS Redshift, Snowflake, Google Big Query, Microsoft Azure or Matillion is a plus
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time when advisable given public health constraints