Development Operations Engineer
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This position is responsible for the support tools and release process to support Zayo’s software developers. Successful candidates will be able to perform daily activities migrating code and configuration changes to our production instances. Project work will consist of development of automation and tools to increase velocity of this process, improve developer efficiency and reduce errors in the process.
- Set up, improve and maintain CI/CD Pipeline for Cloud-based Application development
- Collaborate with Developers to ensure on-time, high-quality releases.
- Provide input into long-range platform requirements and operational guidelines, with a focus on automation and continuous improvement of Platform Service Composability and availability.
- Develop and own best practices/methodologies for continuous integration, provisioning, configuration management, capacity planning, monitoring, etc. to improve organization-wide visibility into change management pipeline.
- Share daily operational responsibilities with the team
- Ensure that we are continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for testing and deployment
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience one or more scripting languages such as Python or Ruby.
- Experience with Linux, networking, server, and cloud architectures.
- Proficiency with source control, continuous integration, and testing pipelines.
- Being a great listener, collaborator, and communicator.
- Championing a culture and work environment that promotes diversity and inclusion
- A strong background in open source technology.
- Experience with Salesforce, SalesforceDX, ANT.
- Experience with code analysis tools, and test automation software.
- Experience with Containers and orchestration services like Kubernetes, Docker etc.
- Good understanding of security in public cloud infrastructure
- Agile/Scrum/Lean development methodology experience
- Knowledge about cloud security and best practices.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave