Cloud Support Engineer at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
Zayo is building a high-touch Cloud Services Organization that will provide extraordinary customer service which encourages our customers to confidently trust their business to us. We believe that one-on-one interactions build meaningful and lasting relationships that deliver value. In our industry, our overriding competitive advantage is our culture of showing our team members and our customers that they matter. We provide a distinctive support experience by focusing on serving one customer at a time, and we serve them as if they are the only customer we have.
Collaboration and cross-training is a cornerstone of our philosophy: if you are working with something that is unfamiliar, you are encouraged to bring in one or more of your teammates to assist you. One of the goals of our support model is to solve the customers’ support issue during the first contact with our support staff.
You will be a member of one of our support teams that will implement the Customer Operations Mission. Your approach to customer support is to focus on long-term success through customer satisfaction.
- Respond to customer inquiries, primarily by telephone and e-mail.
- Work flexible schedules, which may include evenings, weekends or holidays.
- Work directly with your teammates, engineering, and sales teams to resolve problems as necessary.
- Build, patch, and manage hundreds of vCenter environments with thousands of hosts.
- Configure and manage the enterprise monitoring system with thousands of managed elements.
- Document technical problems, troubleshooting steps and resolutions in the Salesforce CRM system.
- Participate in a 24/7 work shift rotation. Currently, the schedule is as follows:
- Four 12-hour shifts
- Three consecutive days off
- Completed university education in Business, Computer Science, Finance, or technical equivalent.
- Strong knowledge in Salesforce and some kind of virtual environment enterprise backup tool.
- VMware Administration:
- Host installation, configuration, networking, storage and patching
- All aspects of VM management (creation, resize resources, snapshots, destruction, etc.)
- vCenter patching
- Configuration and maintenance of DRS, DRS affinity rules and HA
- Configuration and maintenance of Vswitches and DVswitches
- Datastore configuration and management (FC, NFS and iSCSI)
- Strong knowledge in Firewall provisioning specifically (NAT’s, filter rules, create/troubleshoot IPsec/SSL VPN’s, route management)
- Expertise in: IP subnetting, Storage Systems, Monitoring Systems
- Experience in troubleshooting
- Windows (MCSE/MCP)
- LAN/WAN connectivity issues
- Layer 2, 3 and 4 network issues
- Hardware related issues
- Operating systems (Windows / Linux)
- Performance issues (Network, Server and Storage)
- Firewall issues (NAT, filter rules, IPSec tunnels, etc)
- Network routing issues
- A passion for helping people with their hair on fire.
- In-depth knowledge of the technical support function.
- Expertise in Palo Alto Networks Firewalls, Cisco ASA and/or Sophos UTM.
- Knowledge of general cloud computing.
- Ability to write white papers a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of VMware systems administration and firewall provisioning experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of Windows / Linux systems administration experience.
- Working knowledge of F5 Load Balancer configuration.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave