Second Phase, a division of Billtrust, is seeking an Associate Software Developer to join our engineering team tasked with building and delivering features and services for our cloud-based SaaS eCommerce platform. Our B2B Big Data web application allows distributors to manage product content and product categories in their B2B web stores and, as a Developer on our team, you will supply incremental value with an eye towards performance, maintainability and quality. You are self-motivated, enjoy solving complex problems and are able to collaborate with a variety of cross-functional teams to deliver solutions in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Collaborate with an experienced team to deliver custom web products and services in Java
- Code and implement REST APIs
- Write unit tests
- Design performant software that will scale as our volumes increase
- Document solutions in our knowledge base repo
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- Ability to write code in Java, and experience in related tooling such as Hibernate, JPA, JSP and Tomcat – 2+ years of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Ability to code and support commercial software
- An attitude where no technical challenge is too great
- Ability to implement and evolve REST APIs
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well with a team-oriented environment
- A mindset towards quality and an ability to write unit tests utilizing a unit test framework such as Junit
- Experience with some of the following nice-to-have: Dependency Injection, AWS, Spring Boot and other Spring libraries, EJB, AngularJS/CoffeeScript, cloud-based software/multi-tenant applications
- Knowledge of SQL with an understanding of databases such as PostgreSQL or DynamoDB
- An understanding of web security and secure coding practices preferred
- Experience in a SaaS, B2B, eCommerce, software or product-centric business nice-to-have
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k): We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Remote Work: Flexibility to work remotely or commute into one of our offices in Chicago, Denver, or Lawrenceville, NJ.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $30B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 18 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.