Application Security Engineer (Remote - US) at Automox
| Greater Denver Area | Remote
Employer Provided Salary: $117,000 Annually
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:41 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, January 3, 2023
Are you ready for a new way of working? Automox is launching organizations into the future with cloud-native IT operations. By ditching clunky legacy tools and automating soul-crushing manual tasks, IT admins can get back to more exciting, strategic work. Behind our effortlessly modern platform is a group of builders, innovators, and entrepreneurial thinkers breaking the status quo–and having a lot of fun doing it. Our award winning culture, values, and community are shaped by real people doing really extraordinary work.
Ditch your daily commute, say goodbye to the typical nine-to-five, and embrace a new way of working at Automox.
As the Application Security Engineer at Automox, you’ll play a mission-critical role in supporting secure architecture and review, bug bounty, our Secure Software Development Framework(SSDF) adoption, as well as security control implementation. Your role reports directly to the Manager, Security Ops and you’ll work cross-functionally with other stakeholders in DevOps, ITOps, and Engineering.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Maturing our Security Development Lifecycle(SDL) using the Secure Software Development Framework(SSDF) as the north star.
- Provide security expertise to developers during code reviews, design reviews, and vulnerability triage.
- Research new and novel ways to accomplish application security work and publish your findings on our blog.
- Participate in a monthly security on-call rotation for critical escalations.
- Build security capabilities utilizing the attacker mindset and other adversary research.
- Customer Focused - You advocate for our internal and external customers with empathy and have a deep understanding of their needs.
- Nimble - You seek out and embrace opportunities and other points of view.
- Tenacious - You are willing to go first and fail without ego.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- You have 2+ years of experience in application security and exposure to SaaS companies.
- You have experience automating tasks in a programming language of your choice (python, go, nodejs, etc.).
- You can triage security issues appropriately; accounting for reachability and business impact.
- You have experience participating in a security program at a mid-stage startup where everything requires compromise.
- You enjoy having philosophical discussions about security practices and ways to improve them.
- You want a chance to try something new without much bureaucratic overhead.
Colorado applicants: The midpoint annual salary for this role is $140,000. Base pay is part of a rich total compensation package and is included for demonstrative purposes only.
Automox is the cloud-native IT operations platform for modern organizations. Our award-winning answer to modern IT operations and best-in-class results earned Automox four straight quarters of record growth. We are now trusted by more than 2,500 leading companies and MSPs worldwide, including NASA, Yale, Xerox, Allbirds, and Unicef. It makes it easy to keep every endpoint automatically configured, patched, and secured – anywhere in the world. The future of IT Operations is cloud-native – and right now. Will you join us?
TOTAL REWARDS: Thrive with Us
Beyond the Status Quo
🇺🇸 Work from anywhere in the USA
📈Equity for Full-Time Employees
🏝Flexible PTO, generous sick time policy
👋🏽$20 a month to connect virtually with colleagues
⏱Active Giving committee and employee-led communities
Health & Wellness
🩺 Comprehensive Health Plans with generous employer contributions
🩺100% Company-paid Short Term/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
🩺 Company HSA Contribution: $100-$150-$200 per month based on tier
🩺 Gender Affirmation Coverage on Cigna Medical Plan (including surgery)
Happiness & Well-Being
🎁 $50 per month Lifestyle Spending Account
💻 Internet Reimbursement - $50/month
🗄 $750 Home office stipend
👨👧👦 $10k Adoption Benefit
🤰🏽Comprehensive Family Planning Covered on Cigna Medical Plan
👶🏽 Up to 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
We are a fully distributed company and have remote workers throughout the United States, and some parts of Canada.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse company. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description