Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The developer will work on the Tranzact development team to develop, enhance, and extend core order and service management tools to provide our customers an effortless and engaging experience.
- Support, maintain and enhance order processing functionality related to service change and disconnect operations.
- Maintain existing and write new unit tests in Apex to ensure continued operation of functionality.
- Extend key order processing logic through restful APIs and transition appropriate shared logic to microservice framework.
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, have a strong attention to detail, and possess a passion for delivering a high-quality product for stakeholders. Working selflessly in an evolving and highly collaborative team environment, adaptability and good communication skills are needed. The candidate should be a problem solver, with an eye to the bigger picture and awareness to make decisions in the best interest of Zayo, ultimately taking ownership and responsibility for decisions and outcomes.
We strive to make our tools and processes better. In doing so, we expect an awareness and desire to identify and address problems before they are problems. Curiosity and passion for continued learning, as well as good reading and comprehension skills and self-directed learning, are needed in this process.
2-4 years of experience may indicate readiness but must demonstrate preceding role proficiency and a high degree of competency in the following areas.
Advanced knowledge and understanding of:
- Algorithms, data structures, data modeling, and distributed systems
- Software development methodologies including overall roles, processes, stages, and value proposition of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Git workflow including general code management, branching, committing and merging
- One or more technologies or programming languages
- One or more functional business processes that an IT system supports
Demonstrated ability to:
- Navigate, work effectively, and propose improvements within several areas of the software development life cycle, including planning, analysis and design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance
- Assist and guide others technically through collaboration and pair programming.
- Troubleshoot, identify and resolve advanced issues in a timely manner.
- Take full accountability for written and reviewed code, write reusable and sustainable code and practice test-driven development and defensive programming to create a more stable deliverable.
- Challenge existing code patterns and propose alternatives with justification of benefit/value of implementation.
- Propose and deliver an optimal solution after understanding existing alternate options and overall system impact of implementing each option.
- Can critically analyze and evaluate code of others as well as their own, provide constructive feedback, and contribute a positive influence overall within design and code implementation discussions or normal code reviews within a given domain.
- Proactively ask for assistance when hindered by roadblocks or requirement issues.
- Actively seek or take on complex problems within a project or domain.
Ideally, candidate should have experience with:
- Salesforce Declarative Development.
- Salesforce Programmatic constructs including Apex classes and triggers, and Visualforce pages and components.
- Object-Oriented programming and design.
- Data structures and data modeling.
- Node.js and microservices.
- Base salary in CO: $75,500 - 80,000
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.