2022 Security Software Engineer (NEW GRAD) at Zoom Video Communications (Remote)
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Zoom Security engineering is hiring New Grad Engineers to join our client infrastructure and server teams. Come help us build out the client and cloud-based components of the Zoom E2EE system.
In particular, we are developing cryptographic identity distribution across multiple devices, and clients that create, consume and process append-only cryptographic data structures like "sigchains" and transparency trees.
Candidates should have a love for cryptography and security, interest in challenging integrations, and a knack for testing and debugging.
- Implementation of networked cryptographic protocols
- Integration of cryptographic libraries into a large, multi-platform codebase
- Planning security protocols for new applications
- Unit and integration testing; automation of these tests
- Secure coding practices
- Teamwork and good collaboration skills
- Debugging, both in development and production
- Pursuing a BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in a modern compiled systems programming language like Go, C++ or Rust
- Some experience and/or familiarity of distributed systems programming is useful
- Understanding of security and/or cryptography engineering
Check out our white paper: https://github.com/zoom/zoom-e2e-whitepaper
We strongly encourage members of groups underrepresented in this field to apply.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here .
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .