Denver, CO - As a UX designer, you’ll conduct user research and create human-centered digital product experiences that solve our customers’ most meaningful problems, while delivering delight. You’ll collaborate with product managers, engineers, and others across the business to create a cohesive customer experience. You believe design excellence helps drive sustained business impact. This role is primarily research & UX focused with occasional UI / Product design tasks.
Please include your portfolio with your application.
- User research
- Lead user research initiatives
- Organize and conduct moderated and unmoderated user tests
- Synthesize raw data to make actionable recommendations and develop testable hypotheses
- Leverage insights from UX research, market research, A/B testing, and analytics to inform design decisions
- UX design
- Use your design skills to make strong layout and hierarchy choices
- Provide design critique, heuristic evaluations, and competitive analysis
- Receive mentorship from other designers leveling up your UI skills
- Produce quick sketches, prototypes, and experiments to test ideas
- Share work, early and often, giving and receiving feedback
- Communicate design decisions openly and confidently, regardless of audience
- Strategy and process
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, creative, marketing, and physical product teams on shared goals
- Influence product strategy and shape our approach to product development with human-centered design thinking and customer advocacy
- Execute well in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- 3+ years leading user research and UX design efforts
- Track record of strong collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Communication skills that inspire varied audiences
- Examples of user research and design solutions that drove material customer and business impact
- Experience with UX research methodologies
- Deep UX research experience including heuristic evaluations, and competitive analysis, and other discovery artifacts
- Experience in defining and redefining information architecture
- Wireframing and lo-fi prototyping skills
- Base Compensation Range - $100 - 120k
Artifact Uprising® is a Colorado-based company that creates premium quality, customizable photo goods for your digital photos. Driven by the mission to empower people to tell their stories effortlessly, beautify and often, the company is known for elevated design and thoughtfully sourced materials. Signature products include the Layflat Album touting ultra-thick pages and foil-stamped covers, textured matte Everyday Prints, and a line of customizable frames.
Artifact Uprising was recently voted one of Colorado's 50 Best Places to Work in 2021 for small companies by Built In Colorado. We are a tight-knit team who works with some of the latest technology to delight and inspire our customers.
Competitive health, vision and dental insurance for families (Plans cover 100% for employees and up to 95% for dependents), flexible vacation policy, headspace membership, 401(k) matching plan, Year-End Company Bonus Plan.
Work flexibility - We understand that individuals and teams are most effective in different environments. We trust and allow each team to decide how often they use the office vs working from home. Offering this flexibility and eliminating a set schedule allows our teams to do their best work.
Why Artifact Uprising?
Creative Freedom We value the creative process and look to our employees to speak into Artifact Uprising products, identity and approach – regardless of position or title. We look for driven people who demonstrate initiative to take the company to the next level.
The Working Life
We strive to create a workplace where everyone works hard but also has the flexibility and balance to enjoy life outside of the office.
It Won’t Be Boring
We are a small company with big ideas - and we recognize it will take every last one of us to reinvent the way brands approach business. We believe a good workplace empowers its team to rise to new challenges, expand their skill sets and think outside of the box. Through this, we foster a company culture that is always growing, always reaching, and always looking to see things differently.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at Artifact Uprising and what we should know about you.
Artifact Uprising is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Read Full Job Description