About the Position
This is a unique ground-floor opportunity for a well-rounded User Experience professional to make a significant impact in a growing company. In this role, you’ll be responsible for establishing the standards and activities necessary for the renovation of our application interface and developing ongoing practices for a user-centric product culture. Reporting to and in collaboration with the Head of Product, you’ll be working with developers, internal stakeholders, and end users on a daily basis to understand, convey, and influence how our customers experience our product.
Printfection is a swag management platform that makes it easy for marketing managers to create and distribute branded merchandise. We’re the first SaaS solution revolutionizing the historically stagnant $20 billion dollar promo products industry.
Customers include Zendesk, InVision, Gusto, Discord and many other category leaders.
After working remotely for half the week for the past 10 years, we became a fully remote company in 2020. All of our processes, management and culture is focused around trusting our team to do great work wherever they’re located. We're a fun, mature startup based in Denver that's bootstrapped, profitable, and growing fast.
- Research and document user personas and user workflows to create assets instrumental in communicating to our development team and other stakeholders.
- Develop repeatable and scalable processes for conceiving, testing, and iterating upon interface designs using a range of tools from conceptual wireframes to high-fidelity prototypes.
- Establish a pattern library to guide consistent interface design between pages and applications.
- Work with our Product team to match design specifications to user story descriptions and acceptance criteria.
- Work directly with the software engineering team to ensure their output adheres to defined design patterns and specifications.
- Conduct ongoing end user testing to validate usability of deployed software and find areas of improvement.
- Work with our Product team to define the devices we will support. Develop and test designs to optimize for various screen sizes to support such devices.
- Guide and assist our Product team in establishing and monitoring analytics, session recordings, A/B testing outcomes, etc. to understand and optimize user behavior.
- Maintain a keen awareness of ADA compliance guidelines and advise the team on considerations and options.
- Assist with detection and identification of potential application performance issues as discovered in user testing and analytics.
- Be a design thinking champion and evangelist throughout the organization, communicating the value of good design and frequent iterative feedback. Introduce new research and testing practices, resulting in actionable insights, to new areas of the product and the business.
- You have 5+ years of comprehensive experience working on responsive web applications, preferably with B2B products. Native app design experience is a plus.
- You have a passion for and experience in conducting design exercises with users in moderated and unmoderated settings.
- You have deep expertise and practice in heuristic evaluation.
- You have proficiency with one or more user testing platforms (UserTesting, UserZoom, Lookback, Maze, etc.)
- You have proficiency with one or more prototyping platforms. Experience with InVision is a plus.
- You pride yourself on polished, visually pleasurable and intuitive application design.
- You take initiative on developing new and better ways of working on your own and with others.
- You're self-driven and own your job with minimal supervision. This Quora post nails it.
- Plus: You have experience in WordPress website layout/design, CSS, and HTML
- Plus: Experience in analytic platforms such as Google Analytics, Optimizely, Crazy Egg, etc.
- Ground-floor opportunity, yet more than just an idea – millions in revenue, profitable
- The rare chance to reinvent a $20bn industry from the ground-up
- This is a remote opportunity with periodic travel to Denver, Colorado for team events
- A fun, passionate (yet sane) work culture — we respect your weekends and personal life
- A tight-knit team environment focused on success and growth both for Printfectional and team members
- Salary range for this role is $115,000-$130,000 and will be adjusted based on work experience and skills
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Paid cell phone, home internet, home office equipment and everything you need tech-wise to own your role
- 401k match
- Open vacation policy and eight paid holidays
Diversity & Inclusion
Bring your authentic self. Printfection is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or any legally protected status.