Senior UX Designer at SambaSafety
What we do:
Recognized as one the Top 100 Tech Companies by Builtin.com and over 4.4-star review on Glassdoor, SambaSafety® is the pioneer of driver risk management software in North America. Trusted by over 2 million subscribed drivers; thousands of businesses look to Sambasafety to provide the most powerful, advanced, intuitive, and impactful risk solution platform on the market. SambaSafety is growing at an incredible rate with high employee engagement. It’s an exciting time to be at Samba. Now is the right time to join our high performing culture. We hope to see you here!
What you’ll do:
SambaSafety is seeking a UX Designer to become an anchor member of our team focused on user experience and design across all of our Software as a Service offerings. This individual will work as part of a balanced team (design, product, development) to collaborate and provide customer delights across our product suite. This is a hands-on role requiring a customer-centric view into our solutions and a passion for creating high-impact user experiences at scale. You will bring the knowledge of a product manager and the design expertise necessary to build on our successes. In return, you will work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, dynamic environment in a high growth company. You will lay the groundwork for the Product Design practice at SambaSafety and be a critical voice in growing a design team.
- Understand and engage with customers and other stakeholders on a comprehensive set of topics, including strategy, roadmaps, and the user journey.
- Collaborate with a team comprised of product managers, architects, engineers, branding experts, and key customer contacts to envision and iterate on highly desirable, technically feasible, and economically viable products.
- Partner with Product Management to integrate and prioritize design requirements into product roadmaps.
- Develop guidelines and best practices for designing customer experiences through a tool kit of generative and evaluative methods.
- Contribute to thought leadership for implementation of a Design System within the organization.
- Obsess about and understand the underlying user experience and details of system components.
- Oversee the implementation of the system so that our customers receive a cohesive and high quality experience.
What you’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in visual, interaction, and user experience design with an impeccable attention to detail.
- Someone who deeply understands the pillars of design systems, including principles, components, and patterns as both a design system consumer and design system creator.
- A maker at heart. A person who embraces the work and is passionate about execution.
- A great communicator with interpersonal skills to communicate complex concepts and ideas to many different stakeholders with varying levels of exposure to design systems.
- Able to make meticulously crafted, innovative, strategic, and user centered design decisions, while also being open to continuously iterating as needs, trends, and requirements change.
- Fluent in modern design tools.
- Experience devising and executing research plans through generative and evaluative techniques.
- Experienced in building and validating prototypes.