Date posted: 9/15/21 and will remain on our website until filled
Time to complete application: 15-20 minutes
How to apply: https://campminder.com/culture/
Ideal start timeline: October or November 2021 (flexible)
Compensation: Our target hiring range is $130-155k plus eligibility for bonus. Actual compensation will be commensurate with experience and skills.Location: Colorado (Boulder/Denver area) preferred, or remote in GA, NC, MI, NE, NJ, NY, TX, or WA.
At CampMinder, we build web and mobile enterprise SaaS products that help summer camps streamline their business operations. As our Senior UI/UX Designer, your mission will be to lead a cross-departmental, large-scale redesign of the CampMinder platform, helping us create intuitive products that delight our camp community. Your depth of experience and visionary leadership will enable us to deliver the next evolution of products and services.
Using your excellent understanding of design thinking, you'll maintain and greatly improve upon our legacy core platform, design new native mobile app features, and create user interfaces for brand new web applications. You'll thrive in this role because you enjoy impacting the big picture as well as the details, from planning information architecture and cross-product design, to detailed feature design and user flows.
Communicating with respect, candor, and clarity, you'll seamlessly collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders in order to execute and deliver outstanding value to our customers.
Our ‘Minders will tell you their work is fulfilling because of the incredible impact it has on the camps, parents, and campers we serve. We solve complex challenges everyday, connect with and learn from great people, and navigate the journey with our core values as our guide.
Check out our website to learn more about our award-winning culture and the products we build together: www.campminder.comAs our Senior UI/UX Designer, you will:
- Take complex user flows and turn them into highly functional and engaging digital experiences
- Rapidly prototype and iterate on new features or experiences
- Bridge the gap between old and new technologies, refining existing products and creating new ones
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders from all departments to drive alignment on existing product experiences and design new features
- Clearly and effectively communicate ideas, research findings, sketches, and other deliverables to colleagues through the company
- Validate ideas and design decisions through user research and usability testing surveys, interviews, and other research methodologies
- Approach creating products from an architectural level, producing end-to-end user flows from low-fidelity wireframes to high-fidelity prototypes
- 5+ years of professional UI/UX product design experience
- Experience designing 1) large enterprise SaaS solutions; 2) comprehensive web applications and native iOS and Android apps; and 3) brand new product from scratch and redesigning legacy products
- Advanced understanding of how to balance user needs, business/product goals, and technical feasibility
- Experience leading and facilitating Design Sprints and workshops
- A strong, clean visual sense, with a bias towards simple and modern design
- Experience working with Sketch, Figma, AdobeXD, InVision or related design applications
- The ability to rapidly iterate on InVision (or similar) prototypes and mockups to share with stakeholders
- Leadership experience with UX strategy that helps translate business goals into functioning experiences
- Strong graphic design and visual design skills. At times, you may be asked to help the marketing team create website and marketing assets, product mockups and other collateral
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge and understanding of limitations
A few of the benefits we’re proud to offer:
- Wide selection of medical, dental, and vision coverage options (the company's contribution covers 100% of at least one option for each)
- A variety of resources to support mental health and emotional well-being
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all new parents, including via surrogacy and foster care
- 401(k) with 4% company matching, vested immediately
- Trust-Based (flexible) PTO (and yes, we use it!)
- Monthly wellness allowance
What some of our Product People want you to know:
Ryan Hutnick: It’s incredibly unique and fulfilling to be part of a solution that fosters users throughout their life. Parents use CampMinder to register kids for camp and view photos of their adventures on the Campanion App. Campers then become counselors and use our program scheduler and bunk assignment features. Counselors often send their kids to camp or work as a Camp Director and use the Administrative tools. Our parents and camp staff enjoy seeing us succeed and continually improve our software suite and design flow.
Susan Rampson: Our Product team is very close. We definitely like to celebrate our wins, both individual accomplishments and full-team efforts!
This is one of the most collaborative tech companies I have worked at. People leave their ego at the door and we work to deliver software that is loved by our camps, their staff, and the parents of kids at camp. We have a very engaged company from engineers to our support team, you can tell how much people care.
We have the BEST clients to work with. They are eager and excited to work with the product and design teams. We have an insanely high participation rate in surveys that far exceeds the industry average.
I personally love seeing the full life cycle of a product. We have a lot of freedom to shape what products we deliver to our clients. It’s rewarding to go from seeing an idea come in from a support ticket to delivering that feature to our camps and shaping the outcomes.
We have a great senior leadership team that works collaboratively which makes product and design’s job easier in that we can focus on executing on our deliverables vs getting put in the middle of office politics.
Our employees have the option to work fully remote or a mix of days at home and in the office. Currently, employees working on-site are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. We are beginning to host office socials and celebrations again so it’s great to have local folks excited about joining us in-person occasionally. We require anybody working remote to have a very reliable, high-speed internet connection.
We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all, including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and members of the LGBTQ+ community. We welcome and encourage applications from people with these identities or members of other marginalized groups.
Research shows that women and people of color tend not to apply to jobs unless they believe they are 100% qualified and apply to fewer senior-level positions. With that in mind, we encourage you to apply if you're not sure whether you meet our qualifications. We'd love to have the opportunity to consider you!