As a Senior UI Designer you will work closely with other User Experience team members and engineers to design intelligent user interfaces across both native mobile and responsive web platforms, ensuring a cohesive experience throughout our product ecosystem. The experiences you create must not only be visually appealing but also highly usable. As a design leader you will help ensure that the customer experience is desirable, engaging, and consistent with the Workiva branding, look, and feel. You will deliver impactful work on time and demonstrate the ability to deliver thinking beyond the original ask.
- Partner with other User Experience team members to ensure we’re delivering elegant solutions that solve the right user problem.
- Design user Interfaces for both native mobile and responsive web platforms.
- Inspire and drive innovation on our teams by sharing thought leadership and trends from the product UI space.
- Utilize and contribute to the Workiva Design System to deliver high quality, and cohesive interactions, patterns, and specifications.
- Collaborate with the brand design team to develop a product aesthetic that makes our user interfaces clean, intuitive and consistent with the Workiva brand.
- Conduct design reviews and confidently communicate decision-making rationale to team members.
- Coordinate and partner with engineering to handoff designs, provide specifications, and quality assurance support through to launch.
What You'll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- B.A./B.S. in graphic design or a related field, preferred
- 6+ Years of previous experience in visual design, user interface design, graphic design, or related field in a software development environment
- Demonstrable experience designing for web (desktop, mobile) and native (iOS, Android) platforms; experience designing interfaces using Google’s Material Design and Flutter preferred.
- Experience working with and/or contributing to component-based design systems in a collaborative environment
- Must have a portfolio to show design work
- Experience in a SaaS environment/Agile development experience highly preferred
- Superior level of skill with digital tools including: Adobe Creative Cloud & Figma
- Strong understanding of graphic design and how it applies to the user interface; deep knowledge of color theory, layout, typography, etc.
- Ability to produce any deliverables that are requested at very high level of quality, with limited need to re-do
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional proficiency in user interface design, discovering innovative solutions, and leadership
- Ability to collaborate with teams outside of UX and ask the right in-depth questions to help deliver the right solution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate and defend design decisions
- Ability to create a consistent design feel, as shown in portfolio
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Self-motivated and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to drive design work with an open mind and a strong focus on business needs
- Travel up to 10% to meet with geographically dispersed team members depending on proximity to Workiva offices when travel resumes
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office
How You'll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $94,000 - $132,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
Trust: Rely on each other.
Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: www.linkedin.com/showcase/workiva-life-and-careers/
Learn more about the company: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email [email protected].
Workiva supports employees in working where they work best - either from an office or remotely from any location within their country of employment. Effective October 18, 2021, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to visit any Workiva office, attend in-person meetings, or travel for business purposes.