Director of Creative and Brand Management at Workiva
The Director of Creative and Brand Management is responsible for leading, coaching, and collaborating with a team of media, writing, and design professionals. The creative team delivers all content and is accountable for content quality, timeliness, and alignment against brand and marketing strategy. The Director of Creative and Brand Management must create strict creative discipline and company-wide adherence to critical brand elements. The role understands the company-wide and solution-specific go-to-market strategies, leads the ideation process, and sees new ideas through to delivery. The Director of Creative and Brand Management has a mastery over the skills necessary to develop and advance a strong brand in the marketplace, and a working understanding of the nuance between creating for audience, demand generation and accelerating sales, and delivers volume, speed, and quality.
- Leads brand strategy and visual identity
- Directs all Workiva graphic and website design, copy, video, animation, photography assets, and more behind the Workiva brand and owned properties
- Manages the creative, design and video teams that tells the Workiva story through creative, innovative design, and branding across all customer and internal-facing assets and mediums
- Takes a proactive approach to defining the future of our brand and positioning in the market and creates and maintains the brand story and brand guidelines - brand governance
- Produces clear and easy to implement internal standards and guidelines (e.g. style guides, visual assets, logos, names) for brand tone and voice consistency
- Manages quality and timeliness of all creative projects from concept to completion, including monitoring production schedules and providing work direction to staff in an Agile work environment
- Integrates key inputs from market trends, marketing and product/platform objectives , and others into current and forward-thinking design trends to establish a system and process for design and brand consistency
- Collaborates and maintains connections with customers, partners, and cross-functional teams to ensure campaigns are on-strategy, on-brand, and launch within deadlines
- Helps create a culture of high performing people and engaged team members including the training, coaching and mentoring of employees
- Encourages creative innovation by establishing a safe-to-fail culture where team members embrace an iterative creative process
- Socializes and evangelizes design and brand advancements across all internal stakeholders
What You'll NeedEducation
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 8+ years agency/marketing experience with a successful track record of developing, executing, and measuring creative strategies and tactics
- Prior experience in technology or services-based business preferred
- Demonstrated experience using design to meet business goals across a range of industries, audiences, platforms, and media in design consulting
- Exceptional creative development and delivery abilities
- Knowledge of brand strategy and perspective on how to protect brand integrity and grow brand personality
- Understands the elements of a powerful story and how to deliver against story frameworks along with a mastery of creative delivery frameworks
- Expertise in the field of design
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results, and continuous improvement
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to transform ambiguous requests into actionable project briefs
- Ability to work as an effective leader that can develop trusting, working relationships across departments needed to accomplish organizational goals
- Ability to gain technical and product knowledge through partnership with product, customers, and other channels
- Ability to manage and develop talent
- Up to 25%
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email [email protected].