Automox is redefining an industry with unmatched ease, speed and control. From IT management to endpoint security, we allow users to easily see, analyze and act across their infrastructure – in an instant.
Our award-winning answer to modern IT operations and best-in-class results earned Automox four straight quarters of record growth. We are now trusted by more than 2,000 leading companies and MSPs worldwide, including NASA, Yale, Xerox, Allbirds and Unicef.
The future of IT Operations is cloud-native – and right now. Will you join us?
The mission of the Data Platform & Analytics (DPA) team is to ensure customers have the data and tools they need to make important and timely decisions. The role of the Data Engineer is to build the infrastructure that makes this possible.
THE FUN STUFF
- Work on projects that are critical to Automox’s mission and have high visibility across the company
- Build, enable, and maintain high-quality, reliable data infrastructure
- Partner with data science, engineering, and product teams to deliver new capabilities to customers
- Leverage modern engineering practices and tools in a cloud-native SaaS environment
- Have an opinion, test your ideas, work with talented yet humble people, have fun, get stuff done
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- 15+ years of experience as a Software Engineer with a focus on data
- Track record of architecting, designing and maintaining data pipelines
- Expertise with deploying and maintaining distributed data processing frameworks, database technologies, and streaming/messaging systems.
- Ability to assemble large, complex data sets that satisfy the needs of both internal and external customers
- Build analytics tools as part of a data platform to enable data access, analytics workflows, and actionable insights into customer’s IT environments and the company’s operational efficiency
- Extensive experience with cloud environments and technologies (AWS preferred)
- Experience with both relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Proficiency with and willingness to learn programming languages such as Golang, Python, Java, Scala
- Experience partnering with business intelligence and analytics teams
- Comfortable working in a remote/distributed work environment requiring excellent verbal, written, and asynchronous communication skills
- Knowledge of data science principles, statistics, or machine learning can be beneficial but should not be considered a required skill set
Our salary ranges are based on national averages and are determined based on the level of the position we are hiring for. The ranges are wide to leave room for variability in a candidate's skills, experience, and location all which impact where someone might come in on the range. Minimum base salary - $160,000
TOTAL REWARDS: Thrive with Us
Beyond the Status Quo
Work from anywhere in the USA
Equity for Full-Time Employees
Unlimited PTO, generous sick time policy
$20 a month to connect virtually with colleagues
Active Giving committee and employee-led communities
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive Health Plans with generous employer contributions
100% Company paid Short Term/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
Company HSA Contribution: $100-$150-$200 per month based on tier
Gender Affirmation Coverage on Cigna Medical Plan (including surgery)
Happiness & Well-Being
$25 per month Lifestyle Spending Account
Internet Reimbursement - $50/month
$750 Home office stipend
$10k Adoption Benefit
Comprehensive Family Planning Covered on Cigna Medical Plan
Up to 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
Automox policy requires that all employees be vaccinated for Covid-19 in order to travel for work or participate in in-person events with other employees, clients, and vendors. Vaccination is not a requirement of employment.
Remote : USA - the world is changing so are we, Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.