Sr. Leader, Strategic Planning - Worldpay from FIS at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Commerce/Business
Travel Percentage :
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans, manages and controls activities of one or more teams of analysts that evaluate, analyze and formulate strategies for business growth and/or improving productivity and profitability and provide business intelligence and strategic planning support for one or more lines of business, business segments or the enterprise.
• Identifies, researches and evaluates new business opportunities and market initiatives by analyzing complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources. Tracks competition and identifies threats or opportunities.
• Brings expertise or identifies subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts to identify, interpret and produce recommendations and business and/or strategic plans based on company and external data analysis.
• Directs planning and preparation of business proposals and provide data-based strategic direction to identify and address business issues and opportunities.
• Ensures policies and procedures align with corporate vision.
• Selects, develops and evaluates personnel ensuring efficient operation of function. Responsible for hiring, firing, performance appraisals and pay review.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in business, management, marketing, finance or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Thorough knowledge of products and services in assigned business operation(s)
• In-depth industry knowledge
• Knowledge of banking practices, regulations and operations within assigned line(s) of business
• Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry , e.g., ISO, Six Sigma, CMM
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, e.g., agile, iterative, waterfall
• General business skills, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision and executive presence
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to understand and focus on clients needs, establish credibility and build positive, professional relationships with clients
• Project management skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks
• Requires leadership and negotiation skills
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Senior management role. This position is involved in managing and directing the work focused on policy and strategy implementation for one or more lines of business. May be an individual contributor or manage a team with focus on policy and strategy implementation and control rather than development; short-term operational/tactical responsibilities. Responsible for hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews of direct reports. Broad knowledge of the field with proven leadership skills.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.