Software Architect for FIS Data Exchange at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Investran Data Exchange solution provides a sophisticated, interactive portal experience for sharing documents and data with investors and stakeholders. Meeting growing demands for intelligent private equity data, Investran Data Exchange lets you cost-effectively and securely exchange information with stakeholders anytime, anywhere as well as communicate with investors in a structured way.
What you will be doing
- You will be designing and building (hands-on) solutions to achieve scale for our rapidly growing business.
- Leveraging our agile development teams, you will develop code to fit into our expanding scrum team sprints to integrate best practices and allow for rapid deployment.
- Along with our other architects and technical leads, you will help to provide a collaborative environment to produce solutions that can adapt to our changing business demands.
- Lead by example in alignment with sprint teams by developing code and design materials to enable rapid development of new features
- Promotes the re-use of ideas, components and proven design patterns
- Designing parts of complex systems or products and identifying potential impacts
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong technical background with experience in developing and deploying technologies leveraging Microsoft technologies (i.e.: SQL)
- Broad knowledge of enterprise solutions and standards as well as understanding strategic product roadmaps of partner ecosystems (i.e.: Microsoft)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- In depth working knowledge of application and service-orientated architectures, development methodologies, programming languages (Microsoft required, others a bonus)
- ·Collaboration skills to work with global technical teams
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing commercial, enterprise grade application
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Experience is paramount for success in this role
- Familiarity with building Scale Architectural Systems
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.