Senior Solar Market Analyst at IHS Markit Digital
General Job Duties:
· Collect, manage and analyse market data to track and identify market trends in the solar industries.
· Create high quality quantitative and quality market reports analyzing the status and outlook for the solar industries.
· Work with a large and global analyst team to co-ordinate viewpoints and align data and forecasts.
· Develop excellent relationships with companies to better understand their perspectives, views, opinions and needs as well as present to them our views, forecasts and advice.
· Write and distribute regular research notes that analyse latest news and developments in the solar industry to both clients and press.
· Support client requests by providing quick and comprehensive answers to questions about research findings. On-site and by phone presentations are regularly required.
· Work with our global sales and marketing teams to promote our research, and support client renewals to ensure commercial targets are met.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Ability to effectively manage projects and product lines
· Knowledge of MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience with databases highly preferred.
· Good oral and written communication and presentation skills.
· Organization skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
· Contributes to the research agenda
· Experience of market analysis and/or directly related experience within the solar or energy storage industry is preferred, but not essential.
Education and Certifications:
· Relevant University degree (Bachelors or equivalent).
· Graduate degree highly desirable
Physical Requirements / Working Environment:
· Ability to physically perform general office requirements.
· Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations.
· Some occasional domestic and international travel may be required.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.