Freshworks has received numerous accolades that include ranking #16 on the prestigious Forbes' Cloud 100 and #22 on the Battery Ventures/Glassdoor Best Places to Work lists.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated global team operating from 13 locations to serve our customers throughout the world. Freshworks is backed by leading investors including Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management.
- We are looking for a candidate with proven experience in the Big Data Engineering role with hands-on expertise in Apache SparkTM (Scala or PySpark Preferred) and associated performance optimization
- Experience with HDFS, YARN, MapReduce and related Hadoop technologies
- Working experience or good knowledge in Databricks is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and scalable 'big data' data stores
- Advanced working knowledge in SQL and working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Working knowledge of various API interfaces for Bulk or Stream-based data extraction and load processes is a must
- Experience building and deploying a range of data engineering pipelines into production, including using automation best practices for CI/CD
- Experience performing root cause analysis on all data and processes to answer specific questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management
- Experience with cloud solutions on top of AWS
- Monitor the daily production jobs and work on the internal ticket queue
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and the business.