Senior Security Data Engineer at IHS Markit Digital
Reporting to the global head of cloud security at IHS Markit, your work will focus primarily on AWS with a secondary focus on VMC, Azure and/or GCP as needed. You will drive the design and implementation of solutions used to collect, correlate and perform inference on a wide variety of security telemetry and use the results to inform development of detection, prevention, response and prediction capabilities at IHS Markit. You will partner with other stakeholders to determine the best course of action for the usage of big data and AI/ML for the betterment of security.
Emphasis will be on the following objectives:
- Design, implement, and support platform(s) to collect, normalize and provide access to a variety of security telemetry from public cloud and on-premise solutions
- Develop automation such as CI/CD and MLOps pipelines using cloud native tools for the purpose of data delivery and advanced analysis on datasets
- Use anomaly detection algorithms to proactively find anomalies and hunt for threats in time-series security telemetry
- Identify and deliver requirements to other members of the information security organization for the purpose of retrieving data sets and enriching or enhancing existing data feeds
- Serve as the technical product owner for any data related project within the global cloud security function and more broadly the entire information security organization
- Advise on a strategic direction of security big data processes and technology and mentor current and future members of the team on their usage
- Basic grasp of security and cloud computing concepts and technologies with a strong desire to learn more independently or at the guidance of other team members
- 5+ years of growing experience in the Data Engineer role, ideally using cloud native tools in whole or in part for the development of big data solutions
- Deep expertise with Python
- Experience in building algorithms to detect known threats, anomalies and/or malicious user behavior
- Experience working with large and complex data sets
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD and MLOps pipelines
- Experience in building infrastructures for data acquisition and analysis with high degree of automation
- Business intelligence experience with either PowerBI or Amazon QuickSight is highly desirable
- Experience with a broad set of cloud native and/or open source tools such as Amazon Kinesis, Amazon SageMaker, AWS Glue, Amazon DynamoDB, Azure Log Analytics, Apache Spark, Storm, Zookeeper, Kafka, MXNet, Jupyter or equivalent
- Knowledge of graph-based technologies such as Amazon Neptune or Neo4j and Graph Neural Networks (GNN) is optional, but highly desired
- Knowledge of building search applications on Elasticsearch or Amazon Elasticsearch Service is optional, but highly desired
- A naturally curious self-starter - you can develop and deliver on requirements with little to no supervision
- A relentless learner - you actively seek to add to your skillset and knowledge base while challenging the status quo to drive efficiency in the team
- Strong interpersonal skills – you can communicate with a wide range of technical and non-technical teams
- Insist on the highest standards within the team and actively share your perspectives with the team and the larger information security organization
What we offer:
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Participation in conferences and training for Information Security and Data Science qualifications
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us during the interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can and in accordance with local and regional practices.
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence.
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what’s next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world’s most influential companies. You’ll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here.