Senior Privacy Analyst at Zoom Video Communications (Remote)
- Provide timely and accurate responses to messages and requests for information to consumer, customer and internal inquiries.
- Critically review incoming messages and ascertain whether pre-written responses will sufficiently answer the question or whether customized messages are required
- Assist in writing customized messages to requests for information to the mailbox with the help of fellow Privacy team members, including Counsel, as appropriate
- Documents and improves the response process for incoming requests to the mailbox and teaches other team members as appropriate
- Provides metrics to Privacy leadership regarding unique and common customer questions
- Confirms or denies whether issues meet the internal definition of a privacy incident and completes incident log and associated incident reports to best of ability
- Proactively collaborate across teams to identify missing information regarding the facts of the incident and the incident response lifecycle
- Provides timely, thorough updates to leadership regarding the volume and status of privacy incidents
- Documents and improves privacy incident response process and related procedures
- Maintains a positive, can-do attitude throughout the incident response lifecycle
- Support development of privacy incident response training materials and other communications to train employees both inside and outside of the Privacy team, as appropriate, on the privacy incident response process and obligations
- Work cross functionally with security and other teams to ensure data privacy compliance
- Lead stakeholders through the privacy impact assessment questionnaire and process
- Gather missing information in effort to produce a completed questionnaire with all of the required facts
- Question seemingly inaccurate information; challenge stakeholders on answers that do not make sense
- Identify and raise risks to Privacy Counsel for assistance and final approval
- Communicate effectively and work cross functionally within the business to represent compliance positions and requirements while moving forward the best interests of the business.
- At least 5 years of direct experience in the field of privacy
- Substantive understanding of data privacy, technology, and related terminology
- Knowledge of global privacy and regulatory frameworks, such as GDPR and CCPA
- Familiarity with Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides) and OneTrust preferred
- One or more privacy certification required (e.g., CIPT, CIPM, CIPP)
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams and build consensus among stakeholders
- Ability to quickly issue spot and appropriately prioritize risk and outcomes a must
- Passion to work in collaborative team environment with an attitude to deliver happiness
- Obsessively responsive
- Extremely organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive strategic projects to successful delivery.
- Must be a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Sense of humor, excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, flexibility and ability to work independently
- Growth mindset: every new challenge is an opportunity to learn and grow
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram