Senior MySQL Database Administrator/Engineer
Work Styles at Zoom
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinars.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
We are seeking a Sr. MySQL DBA with experience in managing critical and large-scale databases and is familiar with database technologies including MySQL, MongoDB, and DynamoDB to join our world class team. You will be working with other DBAs and engineers to implement solutions for database related projects and tasks.
- Deploying and managing MySQL and MongoDB database clusters
- Monitoring and tuning SQLs as well as databases performance
- Database design, deployment, maintenance, upgrade, and patching management
- Managing and support mission critical replicated database environments
- Providing supports to the Service Engineers to solve customers' issues
- Enforce architectural governance, database standards and best practices
- Act in incident management to resolve active incidents
- Working on projects, tickets, deployments, and releases, etc.
- Participate in team on-call and deployment rotation
- 5+ years of involved MySQL DBA working experience on Linux/VM and AWS handling complex Replication environments.
- Extensive DBA experience in all facets of database design, installation, configuration, performance tuning, troubleshooting, patching, supporting and upgrading MySQL and MongoDB on both Cloud and on-premises environments.
- Solid understanding of HA solutions, MySQL internals, MySQL replications, MongoDB clusters as well as SQL tuning.
- Experience in MySQL replication, Aurora/RDS MySQL, and MySQL backup and recovery strategies
- Hands on experience in monitoring and performance tuning of problem SQLs and databases
- Expert level knowledge and experience with MySQL 5.7 and above
- Good understanding and working DBA experience in MongoDB 4.x and above with Ops Manager and automation
- Experience of Scripting (shell, Perl, or Python, etc.) and automation tools (Ansible, chef, git, etc.)
- Desire in designing and automating repetitive processes
- Knowledge and experience in AWS services such as DynamoDB, Ec2, VPC, S3, OpenSearch Service, and CloudWatch, etc. is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in Azure cloud services is a plus
- Experience in operational support in various situations (escalated or major incident)
- Able to work under pressure, handling multiple assignments, and additional responsibilities
- Good team player with strong analytical, communication and troubleshooting skills
- Proactive, dedicated, committed, responsible, independent and eager to learn
- Available after hours occasionally for meetings and work with offshore engineers
- Available to work some weekends for deployments
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- BS/Bachelor Degree or above in computer science, software engineering or equivalent related experience
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Colorado Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed, Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration base salary, bonus and equity value. Information about Zoom's benefits is here . Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .