We are looking for a Senior Manager to drive CircleCI’s competitive intelligence across our organization. This is a highly strategic role that will work to drive our collective understanding of the competitive landscape.
In this role, you’ll deliver data-driven insights on our competitive edge to advise key product decisions. You will also set the priorities of our technical researchers, support product marketing and corporate communications in positioning and differentiators, and enable our customer facing teams (sales and customer success) to compete effectively in the field. We see this role as being the go-to-expert on key competitors and will influence decision making to ultimately improve our competitiveness in the market!
You will report within the Product Marketing team but will work cross-functionally to serve the needs of Product, Customer Engineering, Marketing, Revenue, Business Development, and Finance teams to position CircleCI’s products against our competitors within the DevOps landscape.What you’ll do:
- Partner closely with product and research teams to inform our roadmap deliverables, understand competitors’ velocity of delivery, and ensure we’re building and designing features that exceed the needs of our customers beyond what our competitors can offer.
- Collaborate with sales, growth, and marketing teams in gathering and disseminating CircleCI’s competitive advantages throughout the different stages of the customer journey.
- Work closely with our corporate comms team to frame, position, and message our strengths and differentiators that align closely with our competitive advantage.
- Provide insights to product management on relevant technology advancements made by competitors
- Understand technology trends relevant to our market space to find opportunities to differentiate and threats with respect to competitive positioning.
- Support research on business focused competitive developments through different channels including market research, industry analyst, win-loss analysis and general surveys.
- Drive deep technical & pricing research on tier 1 competitors. You’ll have the help of our internal technical researchers made up of an outstanding group of customer engineers for conducting deep technical analysis. You’ll work with them to continuously improve and refine our comparison criteria and competitive scoring.
- 5+ years of experience in competitive intelligence analysis, consulting, and related roles
- Previous roles in product management, product marketing, or sales engineering roles could be considered
- Outstanding ability to manage multiple partners & leading cross-functional teams under a tight deadline
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Bonus points for software industry experience
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.