Senior Enterprise Database Administrator
At Workiva we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporation by total revenue. We love our customers, and they love us back.
As a Database Administrator, you will consult and collaborate with product teams to turn business requirements into technical implementation plans. This will be accomplished through prototyping, research, and design to provide mentoring and technical oversight to a wide range of distributed product teams, and to leverage existing technologies available through Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Consult with product management to identify customer needs and requirements
- Design components, services, and patterns within our microservice - based ecosystem
- Assist product teams in gaining insight through data and analytics to assist in data driven product decisions, both in development and marketing.
- Collaborate with the architecture group to help define the company's overall technical vision, architecture principles, and technical strategy.
- Consult with teams to implement agile processes and techniques to enable them to build products consistent with the technical vision and architecture best practices
- Develop strategies and architectures that enable teams to meet goals
- Guide technical direction of company by producing written material, talks and work with teams and individuals to explain company vision to drive shared understanding
- Educate developers on best practices and trends in the industry through mentorship, internal presentations and workshops
- Present content at national conferences on technology trends and best practices in software development, establishing Workiva as a thought leader in software development
- Ensure industry standards in microservices and cloud based architectures are leveraged properly across a range of distributed services
Skills & Experience:
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement
- The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- 10+ Years of experience in a senior software engineering role
- Expertise in Google Cloud Platform (including GAE, GCE, GCS) or Amazon Web Services (including EC2, Lambda, Kinesis, RDS) required
- Experience of Data Analysis, Data Pipelines, Analytics tooling and Machine Learning techniques.
- Expert level programming experience in Python, Java, or GoExpertise in design, development, and support of Microservices / Distributed Systems
- Expertise in data modeling and database systems (both relational and noSQL systems)Expertise in system design patterns to produce systems that are robust, scalable, and highly performant
- Experience in RESTful, library, or system API design and implementation expertise a must.
- Excellent technical communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, SE or related field required
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Up to 25% travel
Where You'll Work:
We're a fun, smart group that likes to celebrate our successes! We have been honored with numerous awards such as '2017 Most Innovative Company of the Year' and 'One of the Best Places to Work in IT'.
- Check out our Muse Page
- Check out our Tech Blog