Senior Data Quality Analyst / Data Steward (Remote) at Guild Education
Are you passionate about data and the strategic advantage it gives when properly governed and democratized across an organization? This role will be a great fit for you if you have a strong understanding and passion for enterprise data organization, as well as user data privacy and security.
The Sr. Data Quality Analyst/ Data Governance Steward will help support the overall Data Quality & Governance initiative including, data quality and a data catalog.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Proactively champion the value of quality data & data governance by promoting ideas into action; including assisting with developing and implementing communication, change management and adoption plans.
- Serve as a liaison between the business and Data Services promoting collaboration and communication and ensuring that data quality related requirements are clearly defined, prioritized, and well understood.
- Define the data and identify assets within data domains. This ensures there isn’t conflict with other data elements.
- Create processes and procedures along with access controls to monitor adherence. This includes establishing internal policies and standards—and enforcing those policies.
- Maintain quality of the data using customer feedback, concerns, questions; internally reporting metrics; evaluating and identifying issues; and coordinating and implementing corrections regularly.
- Optimize workflows and communications.
- Monitor data usage to assist teams, share best practice trends in data use, and provide insight into how and where teams can use data to help in day-to-day decision-making.
- Strive to elevate greater understanding across the data and analytics and business partners of the role of data governance and the importance of sustaining quality data
- Assist the team actively in day-to-day operations and project solutions.
- Continually identify & partner with data stewards across the organization to execute the Enterprise Data Governance strategy
- Use Looker, DBT & other technologies to design and develop solutions as part of the data quality & governance program including data quality dashboards & solutions t, data health scorecards to measure and monitor quality of data.
- Ensure compliance and security of the data. Data stewards are responsible for protecting the data—while providing information on potential risks and offering regulatory guidance.
- Make recommendations on Data Quality & Governance based on industry best practices.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Advanced understanding and working knowledge in end-to-end data management principles
- Expertise in data quality improvement techniques
- Prior experience developing and executing on data governance strategy at the enterprise level
- Demonstrable communication skills with the ability to positively influence the business and technical teams in the adoption of data quality and governance
- Extensive understanding and experience working with various BI suite of tools, data integration and storage solutions, including extract, transform and load technologies and relational databases.
Why Guild? Our mission is to increase economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. As a B-corp we are truly aligned to deliver positive outcomes for our students, employer partners, and academic partners.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $90,000-$120,000 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth