Senior Data Infrastructure Engineer at Nylas
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:04 p.m. (MST) on Friday, April 8, 2022
Who we are
Our mission at Nylas is to turn communication into inspiration and insight. We empower over 100,000 developers and over 900 companies all over the world to access, parse, and gain insights from communications data to provide better experiences for their customers and users, all while providing top tier security and compliance. To achieve this vision, we’ve raised over $175M from Tiger Global, 8VC, ScaleUp, Spark Capital, Slack, and more.
We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and a massive opportunity (the world runs on communication and data). By continuing to hire exceptional people from all different backgrounds and perspectives, we have the opportunity to make Nylas one of the biggest, most successful and equitable technology companies in the world.
Nylas is an advocate for the well-being of our employees. We trust our employees and give them the autonomy to achieve their goals without focusing on when, where, and how they get there. We are a flexibility first workplace. That means if you have a preference for working fully remote, going into the office every day, or anywhere in between, we support that working style. but if Nylanauts want to work from an office, we have hubs in San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London.
We are also strong supporters of internal and cross-team mobility and growth. We want Nylas to be a place where anyone can be supported to grow, learn, and become the best at what they do. We’ve been named a top Startup for career growth and development by Forbes, Great Places to Work, and Comparably!
From our CTO + Co-Founder, Christine Spang:
“We have a number of folks on the team who started as an individual contributor and became staff level or leaders in their area. I personally love seeing people reach their full potential and become successful at Nylas.”
About the team
Nylas is working on a next generation data platform. You will be involved in building out the new infrastructure on top of a more modern stack that offers horizontal scalability and improved operability. In addition, you will help design and implement data pipelines and infrastructure that power the AI/ML models and data warehouse. Check out our latest data streams product, Nylas Streams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo3bW-yLY28
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to identify requirements and design architecture of data products.
- Implement high performance data products.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, finance, sales, marketing, and customer success teams across the organization to help develop, maintain, and operate our data system
- Architect data models and build efficient and reliable ETL pipelines to bring the data into our core data warehouse/data lake
- Create and maintain detailed documentation and functional design specifications
- Enjoy working with smart people in a challenging and fast paced work environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineer or related field
- Strong experience writing and maintaining a production grade data architecture
- 3 years experience in Spark
- 3 years of technical experience working with large data sets
- Experience with GCP products, such as Pub/Sub, Dataflow, Cloud Storage and Dataproc
- Experience with AWS products, such as Glue, S3, Redshift, Kinesis, EventBridge, DynamoDB
- Strong experience with K8s and microservices
- Experience with both structured and semi-structured data, such as relational data, JSON and Parquet
- Knowledge of data modelling, data warehousing and ETL processes
- Experience maintaining data in a secure environment, while working with security compliance, PII and security best practices.
- Ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries
- Excellent oral, written, analytical, problem solving, and presentation skills
- Exceptional collaboration, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Basic proficiency in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Experience with Go programming
- Experience working large data sets(1PB or above) and real-time decision systems
- Experience with ML infrastructure such as Kubeflow and MLFlow
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with your application, find another team that might be better suited to your skills, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Perks and Benefits:
Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
Retirement Plan: match up to 3% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states/provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state/province where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.