WHO WE ARE...
Maxwell was founded in 2015 by homebuyers who were shocked by the complexity and inefficiencies of the mortgage process for borrowers and lending teams alike. We’ve created a platform that has not only streamlined the process and made it more efficient - closing loans 45%+ faster - but has made mortgages more accessible in the process. Our mission is clear: democratize mortgage by helping lenders work more efficiently and stay compliant while eliminating the barrier to entry and the stress for the borrower.
We are a company focused on a supportive, diverse, and inclusive culture - live through our values of Rigor, Ownership, Curiosity, Kindness, and "Straight Up" - to bring equality to the mortgage process and spread financial empowerment. Intrigued? Read on and say hello!
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
- Responsible for the Quality Control examination and documentation of loan reviews completed by Underwriting and Compliance teams as well as providing feedback on potential errors to act as subject matter expert
- Provide procedures and address issues that may hinder accuracy, timeliness and or deadlines
- Provides coaching, training and development to staff to ensure company and department goals and key performance indicators (KPIs) are met.
- Assist in providing guidance on daily matters, such as, questions regarding Underwriting Guidelines or Compliance questions relating to TRID, Reg X, TILA or others
- Audit loans to verify salability or conduct final review of loan documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Ensuring any exceptions are captured and recorded for incorrect or missing documentation, data errors, and any errors on the finding
- Maintaining communication with internal contacts as necessary to ensure expectations and timelines are met; escalating issues, as needed
- Running system logic against information captured and handling any exceptions that may come from the application of this against the data captured
- Applying exceptions and handling validations where necessary while also tracking time spent to ensure a complete and accurate review while tracking time spent on reviews
IDEALLY YOU'LL HAVE...
- Extensive experience in Quality Control/Due Diligence/Secondary Market as well as preferred fraud investigative reviews, specifically within banking or lending (required)
- Maintains a current knowledge of underwriting guidelines, investor guidelines, regulatory compliance and TRID practices
- Understands the credit rating agency requirements, grading and condition clearing processes.
- In depth knowledge of USPAP standards, supplemental valuation products and reconciliation.
- Ability to produce underwriting reports, analyze results, identify issues and take corrective actions.
- Experienced with reading, analyzing and understanding various loan servicer pay histories and servicing documentation
- Ability to meet production quality and service standards
- High technical aptitude - we are a tech company so must have familiarity with platforms like Slack, Zoom, Gsuite, etc. as well as dedicated office space
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - analytical ability, good judgment, detail-oriented, and organized
Compensation Range: $32.00-$36.00/hour
WHAT WE OFFER YOU...
An opportunity to be part of an agile team of thinkers and doers who are driven, collaborative, and authentic. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employees are our greatest asset, and you play a key role in shaping our incredible company and culture. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive pay and meaningful equity as an employee at a fast-growing, venture-backed software company. We want you to participate and make decisions as an owner with our future in mind
- Flexible vacation time plus strong benefits packages offering a wide range of top-tier insurance plans so all Maxwell employees can find coverage that best suits their needs
- Up to 2 paid days off each year to volunteer at the charity of your choice
- An "Even Merrier Holidays" where Maxwell closes down the office to make sure employees spend time with family and friends or doing what they love most!
- A company that is people-centric: we care about our employees and foster an inclusive environment to ensure everyone feels valued and has equal opportunities for career progression
At Maxwell, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We're looking for candidates with great experience and alignment with our core values. Maxwell is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected] All employment decisions at Maxwell are based on a person's merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Read Full Job Description