Operations Software Analyst Senior at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The FIS CIO team supports multiple products within our Capital Markets business. The successful candidate will be working in a high-pressure environment supporting IT infrastructure and business applications. We support a wide array of technologies and ensure continual service to both internal and external users.
What you will be doing:
Maintain critical applications that allows us to advance the way the world pays, banks and invests. You will be responsible for deploying new technologies as well as monitoring & ensuring system performance levels.
- Monitoring system usage and performance and troubleshooting issues.
- Assisting with software upgrades & deployments.
- Documentation of run-time errors and disturbances and creation of tickets and error logs
- Invent and implement new ideas to automate existing processes
- Cooperation with first and second level support teams in the event of workarounds or troubleshooting in the customer environment within Incident Management
- IT service management considering ITIL service and process standards
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- At least 5 years' commercial experience
- Technically oriented - Windows Server 2012R2, 2016, 2019, PowerShell, exposure to SQL Server and IIS, Failover Clustering, DFS & RabbitMQ
- Understanding of Financial processes - nice to have
- Ability to work within a team and collaborate with other teams
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability
- Eager and willing to take on challenges and learn new products/technologies
- Calm under pressure and able to adjust daily tasks based on changing priorities.
Added bonus if you have:
- Exposure to RabbitMQ
- Exposure to Jenkins & Ansible
- Exposure to Dynatrace
- Good understanding of networking concepts
- Strong understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy management
- Azure DevOps (TFS) or other release automation platform experience would be an advantage
What we offer you:
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.