Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
This position is primarily responsible for all Network Expense tracking and accuracy. Through research and analyzing accounting data; which includes report creation, audits, and cross-functional collaboration. Seeking a creative problem solver that has a strong work ethic with the ability to learn quickly and has a self-starter drive.
- Maintain inventory of all circuits and MACD activity.
- Reconcile/identify discrepancies in cost reduction.
- Responsible for identifying cost reduction opportunities, and escalating opportunities to management.
- Review and approve vendor invoices for payment with proper General Ledger coding.
- Interpret and compare invoiced services against quoted contract rates/tariffs and internal inventory.
- Track and resolve billing disputes/discrepancies with various carriers; present escalation issues, status reports and findings to manager.
- Account reconciliation: research past due balances to ensure they are cleared in a timely manner.
- Understand and interpret Interconnection Agreements, Tariff documents, and contracts.
- Work with cross-functional teams within the organization for validation of costs and accurate Salesforce data.
- Provide financial support and data analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and TEOCO (telecom expense management system) preferred.
- Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Accounting/accounts payable experience preferred.
- Experience creating and maintaining financial reports.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Curiosity and creative problem-solving skills
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
Base salary range: $52,789-$57,689
Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave