Manager, Data Analytics at ReCharge
With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 175 remote-first employees around the globe processing hundreds of millions of dollars in sales every month.
With big plans in 2020, we’re looking to hire a Manager of Data Analytics to drive our data strategy, ensuring the security, scalability, sustainability, and usability of our data solutions. As the data leader at ReCharge you’ll oversee all data strategy and provide technology leadership and guidance in the areas of Analytics and Business Intelligence as well as partner closely with cross-functional leaders to identify, define and build data solutions.
This is a ground floor opportunity within a young, rapidly scaling start-up where your data expertise will guide and influence ReCharge’s data adoption and how we incorporate data into processes and various functions. In this role, you’ll manage and build a dynamic team of data analytics professionals, support a suite of products that cater to a wide variety of customers and develop and execute the strategy for an in-house analytics product as well as a revenue generating commercial product.
Our relevant stack includes: Python, Flask, GCP, Terraform, Snowflake, Looker, MatillionWhat You'll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Drive strategy and manage a first-class Data Analytics team that will scale as the company and business grows, identifying and filling any team gaps.
- Develop and execute a strong vision for how business intelligence, analytics, and data science will collaborate on roadmap execution.
- Develop a team-oriented, supportive culture with a strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters collaboration, open communication and delivering outcomes.
- People manage remote employees; improve team productivity, velocity, refine processes, and create methods to increase efficiency.
- Perform personnel management tasks including performance reviews, compliance with company policies, mentoring, and career growth planning.
- Attract and develop world-class data engineers, analysts and essential team members while building a culture of innovation.
- Train new hires on our best practices, standards, culture, and policies.
- Collaborate with the VP of Engineering, CTO and Analytics Product Lead in setting roadmap priorities to ensure deliverables are met.
- Strategically identify opportunities for improvement of analytical pipelines and data management tools that can enhance data analysis strategies.
- Adding data science layer (forecasting, prediction modeling, analytics suite).
- Evaluate new technologies, tools, and collaborations for high throughput data generation and analysis to address the broader product goals of ReCharge.
- Typically, 8+ years of relevant experience in fast paced data driven environments
- 2+ years of experience leading, managing and scaling high performing data analytics teams
- 2+ years of strategic leadership experience in large complex projects involving analytics, BI and data science
- Experience working with product teams and different analytics and engineering functions
- Collaborative and inspiring leadership with a track record of attracting and developing exceptional talent
- Demonstrated ability as an effective mentor and coach who understands how to successfully integrate teams of engineers and analysts
- Track record of meeting schedules on time; clearly defining deliverables and timetables
- Exceptional operational skills to maximize team output
- Exceptional analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired
- Experience with managing data science
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.