Machine Learning Engineer at Healthgrades
Healthgrades is focused on providing trusted information that helps consumers and providers make meaningful connections. As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will be building the future of Healthgrades’ data science solutions, enabling health systems, hospitals and providers to better reach the right consumers.
The Healthgrades enterprise data platform will enable health systems to create a holistic patient view, eliminate data silos, and improve patient experience. This enterprise platform will bring together once disparate data into a single platform, breaking down data silos and making data more useful across an entire organization. The Healthgrades data platform will also serve as the underlying data management solution for powering Healthgrades CRM and other customer experience execution systems while enabling health systems to reach beyond traditional efforts to improve and manage patient experience and patient engagement.
If you are a technologist and your idea of fun is to play with the latest technology, while delivering a world-class product designed from scratch, you will fit right in.What You Will Do:
- Work with a team of Data Scientists and Engineers to create products that will directly affect the mission of Healthgrades
- Develop models in cutting-edge machine learning frameworks
- Develop data pipeline features to process incoming healthcare information quickly and reliably
- Review other team members' code for correctness and quality
- Write automated scripts that power a continuous delivery pipeline
- Remove roadblocks to development through collaboration, communication, and creative solution recommendations
- Recommend and drive development best practices and continuous integration and delivery as part of a forward-thinking, agile organization
- Subject matter expert with Apache Spark
- 5+ years experience with Apache Spark
- 5+ years of experience in Python or Scala
- Experience developing data pipelines or ETLs
- Strong understanding of SQL, relational databases, columnar data warehouses, and data modeling
- Strong knowledge of Git
- Familiarity with MLFlow or similar tool.
- Familiarity with Docker.
- Ability to instrument basic automation and CI/CD
- Able to build base-line models with Tensorflow, Pytorch, or other machine learning frameworks.
- A bias towards self-education of new technologies, techniques and methods
- Test-and-learn mentality – you pivot quickly when an approach is not successful
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and high-energy work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Purpose-Driven Business – we help people make more confident healthcare decisions
- Changing the Game – dynamic, employee-focused culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders – partners of local charity organizations, matching gifts program, Go-Green efforts, and wellness initiatives
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: 88,000 - 102,000 annually*
- Bonus: up to 5% annually
- 401(k) plan options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, with HSA contributions for qualifying plans
- Company-funded basic Life, AD&D, and disability coverage
- Family planning resources
- Subsidized wellness benefits
- PTO plus paid holiday and volunteer time
- Tuition reimbursement and learning & development programs
*Actual base pay will be determined based on qualifications and experience