Lead, Data Scientist - Identity Resolution
Work Styles at Zoom
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Zoom is an award-winning workplace. We have been recognized by Comparably as #1 CEO, Company Happiness, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, and more! Not to mention we've been awarded by Glassdoor as the 2nd Best US workplace & Best Large Company US CEO in 2018, Wealthfront, and Business Insider. Our culture focuses on delivering happiness, our commitment to transparency, and the tangible benefits we provide our employees and our customers.
The Data Team at Zoom brings data closer to the decision. To achieve this, we need to ensure that we're meeting the consent, privacy, and regulatory needs of hundreds of millions of users worldwide. We know that Customer Happiness depends on the privacy and security of our users' data, which is why when we use data to help us build a better product, we need to build best-in-class data tools and systems that are sensitive to evolving needs.
The brand new Identity Resolution Team sits at the heart of our Advanced Analytics Center of Excellence. Data and insights are the foundation of Zoom's success - you'll be working cross-functionally with teams of scientists, engineers, marketers, and product professionals on some of the most critical projects in the company, including developing machine learning models that deliver "personalized happiness" to our users at scale.
If you are passionate about data science and looking to join a fun and fast-moving team, we'd love to meet you! Our team is taking Zoom's data culture to the next level by integrating identity resolution into many of our projects, and we are looking for someone like you to help!
- Join a group of passionate people committed to delivering happiness to our users and to each other.
- Help build the vision for Identity Resolution at Zoom which includes, for example, linking siloed data sources, deduplicating & clustering records to identify underlying identities, and constructing unified user/household/company profiles - all to help create a personalized experience for our users.
- Work with other Data Teams to apply resolved identities and user profiles to customer-centric predictive models such as marketing attribution, customer lifetime value, product recommendations, and discount sensitivity.
- Investigate, ingest, and become an expert in external data sources that can support & improve identity resolution solutions, including survey/panel data, demographic/psychographic data, and product purchase/transaction data.
- Drive the design, prototyping, and productionalization of deterministic, probabilistic, and hybrid identity graphs & models and oversee their maintenance.
- Define and manage SLAs and alerting for production datasets and processes.
- Oversee the creation and delivery of high impact dashboards and data visualizations.
- Build cross-functional relationships with multiple business leaders to understand data needs and deliver on those needs.
- Be a technical leader among the team and mentor other Data Scientists. Continue to enhance and protect the culture of our Zoom Data organization.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field and at least 5 years of experience using data to facilitate decisions (or Masters degree and at least 3 years experience).
- Substantial experience developing and maintaining identity resolution systems, including proven impact from deterministic and/or probabilistic identity graphs & models.
- Experience with statistical analyses using Python and relational database querying using SQL; knowledge of graph databases is preferred.
- Working knowledge of standard machine learning algorithms and principles.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience managing projects end-to-end in a cross-functional capacity.
- Past experience in mentorship of data scientists (or other data professionals) is preferred.
- Passionate about data science, analytics, and solving complex, and sometimes ambiguous, data problems.
Note: If your experience isn't a perfect match for the above job description, but you're still a good fit for the role, apply. We want to work with smart people who are good at their job and those people may not "check every box" above or may have unique career paths.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Colorado Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed, Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration base salary, bonus and equity value. Information about Zoom's benefits is here . Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .