Who we are...
Connecting people in a more meaningful way is not just what BombBomb’s software delivers - it’s what drives our teams every day. Through simple, personal video, we aim to Rehumanize communication. Our team is resourceful and intelligent. Competitive and collaborative. Fun-loving and tenacious. We’re close-knit and love adding new talent to the mix. If you are seeking a dynamic workplace and new challenges, we want to hear from you!
Who we're looking for...
A Junior Data Engineer eager to learn and collaborate with those around them; produces quality results with a low frequency of serious defects; attentive to the needs of the quality feedback loop, from report to resolution; ability to take ideas and requirements from concept to completion and engage those who are crucial to the project’s success.
What you will do...
- Help design, construct and optimize systems to aggregate, transform and process large amounts of data from relational, columnar and other kinds of data stores
- Empower internal users with tools that allow them to service their own needs in collecting, querying and analyzing data
- Improve our data systems’ performance and reliability against steadily increasing loads and varieties of work
- Work creatively to derive data from existing sets to enable new capabilities
- Employ machine learning tools to enable new product features and outcomes
How you'll do it...
Embody BombBomb’s core values: Relationships, Fun, Humility, Flexibility and Service
- Proactivity: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project
- Follow-Through on Commitments: Lives up to verbal and written agreements
- Flexible: Can bounce between projects day to to day
Our ideal candidate will be or have...
- Experience with various relational databases, tuning and ETL: Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, etc
- Some experience with AWS data systems: S3, RDS, DynamoDB, Aurora, Redshift, etc
- Some scripting and programming experience: Python, NodeJS, PHP, etc
- Telemetry and monitoring experience: Splunk, Elasticsearch, etc
The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $85,000 annually. Final compensation for this role is determined by a variety of factors, such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
BombBomb Benefits Package Includes...
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for you and your family (2 PPO + HSA option)
- Flexible Paid Time Off program
- 8 paid holidays
- 401k Plan with employer match
- Monthly company-catered lunch
- Fun workplace: happy hour every Friday and company game room
- Annual Education/Development for your career growth