Informatica Developer at FirstBank
Founded in 1963, FirstBank maintains more than $20 billion in assets and operates over 110 branch locations across Colorado, Arizona and California. Its growth can be attributed to one simple philosophy: do right by customers, communities and employees, which at is the center of the company’s “banking for good” mantra. FirstBank believes that a company is nothing without the people that comprise it, and prides itself in hiring and training a diverse and talented group. By joining the FirstBank team you will experience its great team culture with ample opportunity for growth. There’s an opportunity for everyone with positions all across the company, from Teller and Call Center to Technology and Lending. Apply today to learn more and join the team!
A Brief Overview
The Data Integration Developer II will be responsible for the development of critical data solutions by working closely with business and IT stakeholders in a collaborative, team environment. The individual will utilize Informatica tools to maintain and build ETL workflows. He/she will be responsible for learning how to support our existing Informatica workflows and will be part of a team that defines and implements a set of ETL best practices. The ideal candidate will have an eye for continual improvement. They will help to identify and create designs and architecture that help to make all systems and business processes scalable.
What you will do
- Provide hands-on technical leadership in designing, deploying, and maturing the ETL workflows.
- Collaborate with Application Developers and Database Administrators, and Architects in creating data interfaces.
- Assist in the development, design and enforcement of the overall data integration and ETL strategy and governance policies.
- Responsible for writing transformation logic requirements, developing source to target interfaces, validating workflows incorporating business rules and data interface tuning/troubleshooting.
- Create scripts to schedule, manage and load data into the data repositories.
- Troubleshoot data interface, data quality, and production workflow issues; coordinate resolution with application developers and database administrators.
- Monitor vendor websites for bugs and security alerts; apply patches and patch-sets as needed.
- Communicate with management on the status of projects and problem resolution efforts.
- Maintain knowledge of current and developing technology.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Understand and comply with all provisions of the Safety in the Workplace policy.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in related field and a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- A combination of post-high school education, job related certification and related experience equivalent to 5 years may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, other technical field, or business preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills,
- Strong technical problem-solving, customer service, and collaboration skills,
- A strong understanding of data integration concepts and a willingness to continue to learn,
- Solid analytic skills for data structures, data flow, data patterns, and data governance,
- Good understanding of structured and unstructured data sources including Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, and IMS DB,
- Good understanding of SQL, PL/SQL, Transact-SQL concepts and programming,
- Analytical and technical aptitude,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Excellent project management, organizational, and customer service skills,
- Strong ability to work in a team oriented environment,
- Development of broad knowledge across the organization including business process, application development methodology, database administration, and testing,
- Ability to lead initiatives and manage projects with minimal guidance,
- Ability to provide 24x7 on call support,
- Note: Initially, hires from outside the company would not have the FirstBank specific knowledge required,
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Frequently remains stationary throughout a typical business day
- Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, and other rooms
- Occasionally positions self to access drawers and shelves of various heights
- Frequently reaches for and handles paperwork and files
- Constantly communicates with customers, coworkers, and management in-person and on the phone
- Must be able to exchange accurate information
$82,784 - $115,000
Statement of Benefits
FirstBank offers a suite of benefits that support our employees’ professional, financial, physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. Benefits currently offered with our positions include: Paid Time Off/paid leave programs, 401K/Employee Stock Ownership, United Healthcare medical, MetLife dental, VSP vision, Employee tuition reimbursement, Volunteer Time Off, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance/AD&D
FirstBank is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.