Implementation-Conversion Analyst II at FIS
We are FIS. Our technology powers the world's economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you're ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
About the role:
As a Implementation Conversion Analyst II ,you'll be typically responsible for working independently with only administrative supervision and the ability to overcome major obstacles and recognize early when issues should be escalated or a senior peer needs to be consulted. There will be a wide latitude for independent judgment and is expected to provide guidance and cross-training to others. Must effectively communicate with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel. Ability to negotiate complex processes and issues with others. Exhibits a detailed knowledge of specific applications and has profited from individual projects and various learning experiences to build up an ever-growing knowledge base of the system. Provides new and innovative alternative solutions to system challenges and brainstorms alternatives to a given problem. Contributes to the development, documentation and implementation of standards or guidelines.
What you will be doing?
• Develops understanding of and defines client products and services through information gathering sessions to determine how FIS systems must be established to meet client needs.• Through data analysis, product mapping and interviews, gathers forms and data files from customer and assesses requirements for software utilization and discusses any software customization requirements with programming team.• Creates data maps and transaction workflow documents showing exactly how every field of information will be converted. Data mapping forms the technical specification for the conversion and, in some cases, may generate code. Shares data maps with programmers, clients and others as appropriate to ensure successful conversion. Refines mapping through validation.• As part of the conversion process, tests customized software against customer specific needs sharing reports and application specific data with customers that reflect how conversion data will be processed. Reviews conversion results (reports, balancing, data load, software changes) with client to refine and confirm requirements. Obtains formal customer acceptance of results.• Examines client processes, forms and reports, determines operational needs and documents what software will do and all related processes, forms, reports, etc. to be used after conversion is complete.• May develop new procedures with client to ensure FIS software is used appropriately.• Carefully examines data and reports to make sure conversion is proceeding correctly, runs test scripts with various data to see how new or customized transactions process through the software and verifies and validates accuracy of data through the generation of a variety of reports. Validation may include completion of prior system to FIS balancing.• Coordinates and conducts readiness review. This includes directing the customer in the preparation and execution of test scripts to verify accuracy of data, training and procedures, system set-up and reports. The readiness review process ensures the customer training and procedures, the system, and the conversion data are correct and ready for actual conversion.• Customizes FIS software through the use of authoring tools to meet individual customer needs - modifies screens and data fields, creates new forms, screens, product sets, tables, etc.• Throughout project, provides expertise to answer questions and guide clients in the use of the system.• Conducts train the trainer sessions to instruct and train internal customers (employees) or external customers on changes, new systems or new procedures.• Acts as an on-site resource during conversion and answers questions, troubleshoots problems as they occur, supports implementation of new procedures, conducts last minute training if necessary and provides support during conversion week. Reviews the conversion results (reports, balancing of systems, balancing system conversion to associated General Ledger accounts, errors with the customer and obtains client sign-off. Coordinates and directs the completion of post-conversion maintenance potentially including error resolution, system or data changes and balancing adjustments.• Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you will need:
Bachelor's degree in business or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES• Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner• Requires advanced working knowledge of FIS systems as well as the industries in which FIS competes for business• Ability to understand, apply and explain concepts• Ability to handle project commensurate with job expectations• Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools• Requires human relations, negotiation and documentation skills• Requires high attention to detail• Positions involving data mapping require strong analytical and technical skills• Ability to translate client requirements to technical specifications and communicate to technical staff• Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally• Flexibility, versatility, dependability
What we offer you:
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It's the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
- A voice in the future of fintech
- Always-on learning and development
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to give back
- Competitive salary and benefits
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.