Enterprise Data Business Analyst
FirstBank is seeking a curious, analytical Enterprise Data Business Analyst who enjoys problem solving to join our team within the Data Architecture Team. The Enterprise Data Business Analyst at FirstBank provides excellent customer service for internal customers maintaining emphasis on external customer experience with service offerings including business process improvements at a variety of organizational levels. The analyst works in a leadership capacity providing organization and focus engaging strong communication and problem-solving while adapting and responding to customer needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use contemporary requirements practices to elicit information and organize ideas with company knowledge yet with an outsider's perspective. Help the group stay on track by providing a clear focus maintaining alignment with company strategy, considering both short-term and long-term objectives.
- Apply Agile practices when appropriate to emphasize iterative delivery and frequent feedback. Apply techniques, practices, and communication that is best fit for the situation while keeping the best interest of internal and external customers in focus.
- Exhibit openness and flexibility to change by adopting and piloting new practices and leading by example.
- Enable stakeholders to comprehend, analyze and promote collaboration and action by utilizing visualization and alternative representations. Work as a liaison between vendors, project sponsors, and project teams in order to build and foster trust. Identify when to raise awareness about potential risks.
- Working independently in addition to learning how to become leader and mentor on team in regard to identifying opportunities for process improvement including research to uncover underlying gaps or problems. Continuing to expand practical application of Business Analysis concepts and techniques by pursuing formal and informal educational opportunities to expand knowledge and skills such as requirements engineering methodology and tools. Begin to pursue strategic training opportunities that lead to suggestions for updates to FirstBank Business Analysis practices.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in related field and a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- A combination of post-high school education, job related certification and related experience equivalent to 5 years may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, other related field, or master's degree is preferred
- Business Analyst Certification (CBAP), Scrum Master Certification (CSM) is a plus
- Experience with various project methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, and Waterfall
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Exhibit strong communication skills from collection to expression of information with adaptability for various audiences ranging from staff level to senior leadership
- Ability to help stakeholders articulate their problem definition focusing on requirements without describing the solution
- Facilitate and lead requirements elicitation, analysis and additional sessions that help establish a clear goal such as workshops or interviews with groups of stakeholders
- Ability to develop alternative views of requirements by creating graphical forms including as-is/to-be workflows, process models (format/presentation)
- Provide visibility into the progress of requirement development activities while highlighting the value delivered and potential risk
- Establish and maintain credible relationships both within and across multiple teams
- Ability to create documentation that is complete, consistent, unambiguous, verifiable and conforming to standards
- Lead focused efforts identifying relevant details and parking lot items
- Ability to analyze, communicate and adapt to impact of changes in requirements, priorities and business processes
- Understanding of technical terminology in addition to understanding of Technology department structures, responsibilities and relationships
- Apply analytical skills and critical thinking to evaluate and validate data and requirements obtained from multiple sources or techniques and expose new areas for elicitation
- Demonstrate strong root-cause problem resolution and implement decisions of varying complexity
- Ability to work independently and bring multiple efforts to completion simultaneously
- Moderate familiarity with Project Management methods and concepts
- Develop and maintain an awareness of operational processes and procedures across FirstBank
- Proven ability to gain support for initiatives through influence and use of business rationale
- Proficiency of computer applications including MS Office