Director, Business Intelligence at Evolve
Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 15,000 properties in over 750 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Why this role
As a tech-enabled disruptor in the vacation rental industry, data is the backbone of how we innovate and make our mark in this industry. Evolve is hungry for data-driven insights, and we need a leader to take our cloud-based data infrastructure built on technologies like Snowflake, Fivetran and Sisense to the next level. This is a leadership role with the autonomy, authority, and support to drive Evolve forward and make step level changes in how we structure, store, transform, access, analyze and present data.
Come join our fast-paced growth-stage culture, while enjoying the support of a well funded company - we’ve raised over $100M in investment capital from world-class investors like T. Rowe Price, Allen & Company, and Annox Capital.
What you’ll do
As the Director of Business Intelligence, you will own all Business Intelligence reporting along with the strategy for data infrastructure and engineering. You will create an empowered and data-centric culture at Evolve rooted in data governance and integrity. This will include a thoughtful review of enterprise data movement and implementation of checks and balances where needed, to provide reliable data insights. You will leverage your technical expertise and strong cross functional leadership skills to deliver actionable insights and models to all departments.
- Lead, develop and grow a team of BI analysts and engineers responsible for delivering high quality and actionable data, dashboards, analysis, and tools
- Own the architecture of Evolve’s data warehouse design along with Evolve’s overall data integration landscape
- Establish a foundation of data governance to forge a data culture that promotes trust and empowers the workforce with actionable insights
- Develop and execute on an data strategy roadmap that is aligned with company objectives and key results
- Establish best-in-class practices and technical standards for analytical processes and solution development, using Agile methodologies
- Be an analytics thought leader and a brainstorm partner for stakeholders across the organization, translating business needs and problems into BI solutions
- Partner with engineering and product teams to continuously seek innovative ways to improve the quality and accessibility of our source system data
- Be the visible leader of Business Intelligence to the organization by setting and articulating a vision, providing ongoing communication, and working cross-functionally
- Research new methodologies, concepts and industry trends to guide the creation and adoption of new analytical approaches and technology
What makes you a great fit
- 10+ years of experience of building and maintaining data warehouses, BI applications, and data management processes
- 5+ years of people leadership with a passion for unlocking the talents of team members
- Excellent cross-functional leadership and collaboration skills
- Deep understanding and experience with SQL and data visualization tools
- Advanced proficiency with data model design, applications, data flows, API documentation, and data governance
- Highly skilled in communicating and presenting technical information to all levels of the company including executives
- You stay up to date with the latest and evolving BI and EDW best practices and technologies
- You have a strategic mindset with the ability to zoom in and zoom out
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both! We're currently all working remotely and will be opening up the office in the near future for our in office and hybrid options.
For this role our salary range is $150,000 to $180,000, depending on relevant experience. This role will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on both company and individual performance.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.