Deal Management at Zayo (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
A successful Deal Management team member will be responsible for conducting product level analysis, providing direct commercial sales support, and developing overall product positioning and growth strategy. This includes the existing service portfolio as well as assessment and implementation of new products, internal processes, sales tools and/or market expansions.
Through direct customer interaction and an understanding of the marketplace, the Deal Manager will provide recommendations and sponsor initiatives to grow the bandwidth infrastructure business. The ability to develop business metrics, clearly communicate and present findings and recommend action to senior leadership is essential.
This position requires a firm grasp of Zayo’s product portfolio, network footprint, competitive position and industry market dynamics. Prior sales support experience and knowledge of industry technology and terminology, as well as proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint, is required. Additionally, the ability to integrate quickly into Zayo’s CRM software and manage workload in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment is also critical.
- Responsible for business analysis and recommendations resulting from such analysis.
- Ownership of business cases for product enhancements / developments.
- Ownership of product definitions, positioning and value proposition development, pricing and guidelines,
- competitive analysis.
- Responsibility for project managing product initiatives across stakeholder organizations.
- Responsibility for product segmentation, targeting and positioning.
- Proactive and regular interaction with key customers to ensure products meet the needs of the market.
- Minimum 3-5 years of commercial product management experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Prior experience with network development or other network construction/planning is beneficial
- Undergraduate B.A. or B.S. degree. Focused area of study in Engineering, Business, Finance or Economics preferred.
- MBA and/or equivalent work experience with proven ability to work across functional boundaries preferred.
- Well-developed financial skills including business case development, cost management, budgeting and financial analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and prepare presentations and proposals. Must possess ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and customers.
- Prior product, sales and/or sales engineering experience with Layer 1 services (dark fiber and/or transport) a plus.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite with emphasis on Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus.
- Requires an individual who is detailed oriented with superb organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Requires an ability to be flexible in work schedule and to work and meet strict deadlines with limited supervision.
- Base Salary range-$65,600-$87,500
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.