Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Data Science & Analytics Specialist will be responsible for assisting with analytics programs and initiatives, including but not limited to dashboard creation, automation of reporting processes, data integrity, project management and business intelligence. The successful candidate will provide outstanding support for Senior Management, Marketing, Business Development and Sales Managers and related Programs. This role provides challenge, variety, and exposure to several areas of the business.
The Data Science & Analytics Specialist will amplify our growth by implementing and maintaining a process for methodical focus on all areas of the business that can generate and enhance revenue in each geographic region. This role will work in partnership with the Business Analytics team, responsible for the implementation and execution of scalable processes and reporting to drive collaboration and cooperation across teams such as product, business development, finance & accounting, pricing, IT & automation, data strategy, customer success, sales, and customer intelligence. By pulling together all stakeholders in a programmatic approach, the team creates a comprehensive, actionable playbook for each region and sub-region (geography) based on our data and systems. The playbook is a clear roadmap for leveraging our deep and dense networks, our focus on infrastructure, our world class systems, and our innovative and entrepreneurial teams to meet and exceed our growth objectives.
The position requires analytical skills and a “can do” attitude, with eagerness to learn new tools that may require coding in new languages - ie, SAQL (similar to SQL and Pig Latin Query Language) and Python (similar to R). Proactivity and personal communication skills are critical, as this role demands constant interaction with marketing managers, business development leads, Salesforce.com and Tranzact developers, sales leads, sales operations and other teams across Zayo Group and specifically the CIO organization.
- Curate efficient dashboards and lenses in Einstein Analytics, providing insights for decision makers
- Creates efficient reports in Salesforce.com for various needs and departments
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards to track success for various programs
- Analyze sales and business development and customer data to support executive, business development and marketing programs
- Support data strategy and process improvement efforts by coordinating with multiple IT resources and data strategy team
- Automate and simplify efforts using scripts
- Proactive communication and updates on progress to both management and the organization through Salesforce Chatter
- Partners with Marketing Managers, Sales and Business Development to ensure data is accurate and up to date
- Provides analysis and support for senior management requests related to Business Development
- Develops sheets and maintains templates for data entry completed by outside teams.
- Assists in ad-hoc analytics/reporting requests for various teams
- Opportunity to work on advanced analytics projects and predictive models
- Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree business analytics, operations, computer science, marketing, finance, business administration, economics, or related degree required
- Masters in Business Analytics, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Marketing Analytics, Information Science or related field experience required
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel - VBA required
- Intermediate/Advanced SQL required
- Intermediate/Advanced R/Python required
- Pig Latin Query Language/SAQL preferred
- Work Experience
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Science or Data Analytics Role
- Advanced knowledge of Einstein Analytics and/or Tableau
- Advanced skills in Google Sheets and Excel
- Advanced Experience in Salesforce or similar CRM tool
- Strategic, analytical and program management skills.
- Proficient with Google Suite
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- High energy individual with strong work ethic.
- Ability to interact effectively with all personnel.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Autonomous yet comfortable teaming with others on various projects.
- Interest in the intersection between qualitative and quantitative data.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and work under pressure deadlines.
- Competitive compensation
- Base salary range in CO: $58,100-$85,000
- Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave