Data Science Manager, Product Intelligence at Zoom Video Communications
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoom is hiring a data science leader to lead our Product Intelligence team that focuses on our core products. You will be part of the broader Data leadership team responsible for empowering the organization to make data-informed decisions. You will partner closely with leaders in Product, Engineering and Data to deliver insights and empower data-informed decision making for our core products. You will lead, mentor and grow an amazing team of data scientists.
You will work very closely with Product throughout the development cycle to ensure success metrics are clearly defined and data requirements are written to ensure data science is set up for success. Your team will empower insights about adoption, retention and engagement as well as in-depth statistical analyses and models about user behavior. You'll also work closely with other data teams, such as data engineering and BI, to ensure we are creating a strong data culture at Zoom that enables our cross-functional partners to be more data-informed.
- Lead, mentor and grow a high-performing team of data scientists.
- Help define the strategy for product intelligence, including the design of a new event collection framework.
- Partner closely with Product, Engineering, and Design to empower insights about product adoption, engagement and feature usage.
- Be a strong advocate for the team by representing their needs and challenges with cross-functional leadership.
- Confidently tell the story of Zoom through data.
- Deeply understand Zoom's products and identify trends and new opportunities.
- Develop roadmaps and OKRs.
- 2+ years of experience as a people manager of data scientists or data analysts
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science or equivalent
- A proven track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key decisions
- Experience leading and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Previous experience in product analytics
- Experience setting requirements for engagement & behavioral data
- Strong data storyteller and ability to communicate effectively with PMs
Tools & Skills:
- Proficient in at least one of the following coding languages: R, Python.
- Advanced SQL skills.
- Experience with experiment design and analyses, including A/B testing and causal inference.
- Extensive experience with at least one of the following data visualization platforms such as Tableau, PowerBI or Looker.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .