Data Engineer at Invitae (Formerly ArcherDx)
Invitae is a healthcare technology company that leverages genetic information to empower doctors and patients to make informed medical decisions. Our software engineers work on a variety of projects ranging from innovations in healthcare systems to taming the chaos of biology. We’re constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver the highest quality actionable information for the patient.
Our Data Platform Team develops the data ingestion pipelines and data platform architecture that supports the analytical and reporting needs of internal business stakeholders, data scientists, and our machine learning team. This is a hands-on role.
Note: This is not an entry level position.
What you will do:
- Understand our complex data ecosystem and build ETL solutions
- Develop a real-time streaming infrastructure that supports critical business functions
- Design and develop tools to enable teams to consume and understand data faster
- Collaborate with multiple teams and own solutions from end-to-end
What you bring:
- Minimum 5 years of Data Engineering with Scala or Java and python programming experience is mandatory
- Have a focus on high quality code, including automated testing and coding best practices
- Have experience with messaging/queuing systems or stream processing systems
- Have architected distributed systems with infrastructure automation, monitoring and alerting
- Preferred:Have hands-on experience working with large datasets, pipelines, and warehouses using technologies such as Scala, Snowflake, Kafka, and Kubernetes
- Preferred: AWS, Spark experience
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.