Data Analytics Manager at FIS
Position Type :Full time
Type Of Hire :Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :0%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Strategy and Transformation team is part of the FIS Banking Solutions Technology Development (Software Engineering) organization and leads the delivery of large scale projects that support business growth activities, drive efficiency, enhance the control environment, foster continuous process improvement and implement new technologies. The Data Analytics & Business Intelligence group is responsible for defining the data science/analytics technology direction to support the mission of the organization becoming a data-driven organization. This position plays a strategic role in enhancing our ability to make decisions, through trend analysis, modelling scenarios, building and managing data collection and onboarding, cross-channel data integration, data visualization, dashboards, predictive analytics, and data mining.
What you will be doing
You will be responsible for the ongoing strategic development of the Data Analytics & Business Intelligence group capabilities, including delivery of reporting for the Strategy BI team. You will:
- Work with Stakeholders across Enterprise Agile Evolution Program (EAEP) to define and deliver consistent high impact metrics and reporting which enable data-driven decision making and promote the impact of the EAEP
- Collaborate with senior members of other functional areas to extrapolate insights from data and determine how strategic use of data can support them in achieving their targets, providing process improvements and supplying insights, metrics and forecasting to enable data-driven decision making
- Wear the strategic hat by anticipating the analytical needs of the customers and align it to the roadmap for execution
- Collaborate with Technology Development leadership & organizational stakeholders to design as well as implement reporting and analytics capabilities
- Analyse and share results with users to ensure content meets business requirements; and train users to facilitate adoption and understanding of BI reports and tools
- Delivering best practice analytics and insights using industry-leading tools to bring data to life for stakeholders and consumers.
- Leverage digital and data to identify and prioritize operational opportunities; formulating consistent and applicable benchmarks to enable metric comparisons at all levels; with the objective of identifying opportunities to improve and optimize over time.
- Reinforce a data-driven culture within the distribution organization
The role will lead a team who:
- Lead a team of Business Analysts and Data Analysts who will prepare the Analytical outcomes
- Aggregate, prepare and organize data from multiple disparate sources for key high impact metrics to assemble via Executive, Portfolio and Team dashboards
- Manage and synthesize large amounts of information effectively and creatively while having an in-depth understanding of the various sources and the relationships between the data sets
- Support Data Dictionary work, metadata, understand where/how data is stored, understand where it matches data elements, what are the fields called, where is data located and how is it defined across different Agile management tools like Clarity, Rally, JIRA, TFS etc.
- Support the build of API based or custom data ingestion process from the Agile tools like Rally, JIRA and TFS, to convert the technical metadata into meaningful business metrics
- Actively participate in the design, development, ongoing maintenance and enhancements of complex BI Dashboards, Reports, Queries, and integrated applications targeted towards the Agile metrics and KPIs
What you bring:
- 6+ years of data analysis, experience, data management experience, or a combination of both
- Experience with understanding the customer needs ahead of time and mapping them to the roadmap of the group – Strategical thinking!
- Experience in working with the metadata of one or more Agile management tools ex. Rally, JIRA, TFS and Clarity or similar
- Familiarity in one or more Data Warehouse environments and ETL Tools (MS SQL Server, Oracle, SSIS etc.)
- Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles (e.g., traditional waterfall Agile, DevOps, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
Added bonus if you have:
- Subject area knowledge in one of the following areas – Finance, Agile Development metrics, Quality/Reliability metrics
- Strong understanding of the metadata around Agile management tools, know how/where to pull and populate data, run search queries, understand how to read applications
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, including verbal, written, illustrative, data visualization, and presentation. Flexibility to interact with internal business customers, technical peers, management, and vendors on diverse topics.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially in Microsoft Excel
- Intellectual curiosity, inclination for independent and self-directed work, and attention to detail
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving capabilities; uses innovative thinking to identify new/different solutions; looks beyond immediate problem for wider implications and determines best path forward
- Experienced, technical, and motivated problem solver; capable of understanding complex relationships and converting those to technical requirements
- Ability to conceptualize business issues and derivers, formulate hypotheses, gather results, analyze data and make appropriate recommendations for change
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.